Dynamic Changes

kelestra

Chieftain
Hi everyone!

Several times i offered new ideas how to make this awesome mod more correct. To me this means historically correct and logical as possible. To some ideas like adjusting aircombat (especially vs seaunits, tiles), diplomacy (possibilty to draw neutral countries to your side), horrible AI advantage in troop supply/reinforcements/GPT and war changing events that can be handled as new projects ("Battle of Taranto", "Operation Catapult" and "Attack on Pearl Harbor" eg.) i want to bring a new idea to the discussion.

Actually we have a lot of (great!!!) circumstances that represent alliances and support between nations. Like the convoys. These convoys are very powerful, especially those that are arriving at France, UK or USSR. What i really want to see is another possibility to avoid the convoys by controlling important cities or tiles. Imagine how important some of the following cities/tiles have been: Gibraltar, Malta, Suez, river Don/Stalingrad and lots of places in the pacific etc. If these names have no meaning to you, you should get a small introduction by visiting wikipedia, i can't explain the circumstances in this thread.

What i have in mind is to add the condition a convoy from Suez etc. to France/UK should just spawn when France/UK control Suez, Malta, Gibraltar. Or spawn less often or with less load, just to represent that convoy routes would lead to more or less enemy territory.

Imagine Turkey entering war on their allies of wwI. Imagine Iran or Don under Axis control, there would be no route for "land lease act" etc.

This would drag more attention to historically correct places. Also i want to see that when i control these points as Axis, that i get the same convoy the AI got before.

Feel free to comment and discuss. ;) Especially the "main-programmers", pls estimate what is realistically doable if you like it though ^^

Greetz,
Kelestra

Convoys are already "dynamic".

On the Europe 1939 map owning Suez is the condition to get convoys from here. And owning Narvik is vital for Germany as direct convoys from Sweden and Finland are stopped during winter.

The mod engine also allows more conditions to be added if needed.

But when i controll Malta or Gibraltar as Nazi it has no effect on the spawnrate of convois. When i controll Suez as Nazi no convois will spawn for me. When i control Stalingrad or middle east USSR will still get "land lease". Right?

Here is an idea:
On the diplo screen, there should be an option to give a nation a unit, like the player can currently do with city-states. This would be useful, if, say I wanted the Italians to have a decent tank force, or the French to have a decent air force.

But when i controll Malta or Gibraltar as Nazi it has no effect on the spawnrate of convois.
No effect on the spawn rate, but surely an effect on how many will reach allied harbors :D

When i controll Suez as Nazi no convois will spawn for me.
Indirectly: there will be convoys for Italy then.

When i control Stalingrad or middle east USSR will still get "land lease". Right?
To stop it completely you'll have to cut the railroads from Murmansk to Moscow. But capturing Suez, or cutting the railroads from Suez to Stalingrad will have an effect: some of the Soviet convoys are headed to Murmansk, some are headed to Suez if it's controlled by the Allies.

Capture or cut the railroads from one of those destination and the corresponding convoys will not spawn.

Unless there is a bug in the current code.

You see, I like this idea so much it's already coded in :)

New convoys can be added of course (like Suez to Germany controlled territory - say Greece or via an open railroads between one Italian harbor and Berlin or another German city), it's fully functional, it just lack an UI screen to reflect which convoy routes are open.

Top Bottom