Dynamic Rise and Fall brainstorm

Arkaeyn said:
Here's a simple one. Every time a new Civ spawns, it's randomly at war with one of its neighbors.

It should be random, otherwise it might appear too deterministic. But really, I can't see a problem worse than the anemic rise and fall we have now. Imagine the Mongols spawning at war with Russia, Persia, or China. Arabia at war with Persia or Egypt. England with Spain, France, or Germany. Since the AI doesn't oppose flips, I think something like this may be necessary.

Just bumping this, since the 19th message in a thread tends to get lost.

Spain is at war with Rome or... Greece?

I see that the Mongols can semi-efficiently conquer an enemy if all of the starting Keshiks are thrown at them. On the other hand some civs would not benefit from a war: Greece attacks Egypt? Incas, Aztecs.

The idea is good but should not be a blanket requirement for each civ. I also agree that for any civ that does initiate a war upon spawning, it should be random. If the Goths, Parthians, and Franks conquered (or attempted to conquer) Rome, I'd be happy.

Personally, I'm in favor of allowing civs to be generally feeble (where 2 against 1 usually wipes the '1' off the face of the Earth); and allow these civs to respawn later. Although, while seeing the Persians rebuild their empire time and again, it would be generally biased against humans. Human players don't get a 2nd chance, right?

Crayton said:
Spain is at war with Rome or... Greece?

I see that the Mongols can semi-efficiently conquer an enemy if all of the starting Keshiks are thrown at them. On the other hand some civs would not benefit from a war: Greece attacks Egypt? Incas, Aztecs.

The idea is good but should not be a blanket requirement for each civ. I also agree that for any civ that does initiate a war upon spawning, it should be random. If the Goths, Parthians, and Franks conquered (or attempted to conquer) Rome, I'd be happy.

Personally, I'm in favor of allowing civs to be generally feeble (where 2 against 1 usually wipes the '1' off the face of the Earth); and allow these civs to respawn later. Although, while seeing the Persians rebuild their empire time and again, it would be generally biased against humans. Human players don't get a 2nd chance, right?

I think certain civs would be kind of pointless, you're right. The first 5 (India, China, Egypt, Greece, Rome) certainly don't need it.

In the case of Spain, it might be best to make the four western european civs spawn at the same time, so they might be at war with Rome, or each other.

Top Bottom