Eagle warrior and defeated units

Misplay

Chieftain
Hi folks!

The Eagle warrior can turn defeated enemies into Builder units. How/Where can I change the percentage to turn the defeated unit into builder? I can't find the value...

What does it mean? I can't change the values?
(I don't understand what "hardcoded" means, sorry)

Hardcoded are things that are generally not exposed to user editing, so they are actually built in to the game files (the .exe etc). Without de-compiling and altering, it's not possible.

Unless I've missed something, I think unit traits are hard-coded.

Unit traits are in UnitAbilities.xml, not hard coded. I could easily give any unit the ability to capture builders (or capture settlers or anything else). The lines of code that you are looking at are probably

Code:
        <Row>
            <ModifierId>CAPTURE_COMBAT_UNITS_AS_WORKERS</ModifierId>
            <Name>CanCapture</Name>
            <Value>true</Value>
        </Row>
        <Row>
            <ModifierId>CAPTURE_COMBAT_UNITS_AS_WORKERS</ModifierId>
            <Name>UnitType</Name>
            <Value>UNIT_BUILDER</Value>
        </Row>

Which, unfortunately, sets the ability to capture as a boolean. Can't see anywhere which defines the capture probability however, not here or in Modifiers.xml. Sorry

I'll take a look at the others xml files tonight... If anyone finds something about the "CAPTURE_COMBAT_UNITS_AS_WORKERS" ability, I'll be grateful. :)
(@ Lord Olleus: and congratulations for your "8 ages of pace" mod, it's very useful.)

Oh, I meant the I think the effects are hard-coded, though I think I misunderstood the question in the first place, I though it was about the percentage chance of it happening.

The effects are not really hard coded either though. The way modifiers are handled in the game is convoluted but very powerful. I could create a unit that can turn defeated enemies into knights, but only if it happens on a hill, if I wanted. What is hard coded are the possible triggers, although most of the existing triggers have the option for arguments. In short, it's all complicated, flexible, and not 100% understood yet (by me anyway).

I think I misunderstood the question in the first place, I though it was about the percentage chance of it happening.
What I want to do is:
> IF possible, change the percentage to 100%.
> At least, I want to know the value (50%? 75%?).

I couldn't find anything in the xml files.

Everything for this appears to trace back to EFFECT_ADJUST_UNIT_COMBAT_CAPTURE in the table <Types> within file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data\GameEffects.xml

This same game effect is used for both the Eagle Unit's Capturing and the Prize Ships ability. Nowhere anywhere within the xml is a % given, merely a boolean for "CanCapture".

The definition of "EFFECT_ADJUST_UNIT_COMBAT_CAPTURE" is merely
Code:
<Row Type="EFFECT_ADJUST_UNIT_COMBAT_CAPTURE" Kind="KIND_EFFECT"/>

Like in civ5, the % chance for unit capturing must therefore be determined within the game's DLL (ie, hardcoded).

the chance is 50% i read somewhere...
u can try the oldest civ trick off all times ,in my example i have two warriors with a chance to kill a unit,i save the game.
in the first try only the second kill give me a builder,i reload,in my second try both kills give a builder .

Top Bottom