Early game strategy proposal (Informational)

Do you accept the proposal outlined in the 1st post?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Dis: I'd rather just leave this to run. It'll self close in a day or two anyway and it'll be interesting to see how many citizens are as yet unconvinced of the necessity of an early strike.

The poll is clearly designated informational, and it included significant discussion prior to this point, so I would leave it up.

Why not build a spearman to defend the capital rather than two warriors because we need to spin our wheels awhile?

Originally posted by donsig
Why not build a spearman to defend the capital rather than two warriors because we need to spin our wheels awhile?
I'd prefer two warriors, since it gives us more potential military police, and I think it ought to make us seem ever so slightly more powerful in the eyes of the AI, which is never a bad thing.

More importantly, IMHO, exploration.

I like the plan.

@ Ek: The 1.29 patch edited the rules the AI looks at numbers and unit strength. Two or three warriors should be about the same as either a spearman or archer.

GREAT Job Eklektikos!!!!

Bash those Aztecs straight where they came from. Nothingness ;-). Good plan to do it too, I agree with the Rush Archers plan. Don't forget once the Settler is planted you could get 2 sources of Archers.

Has anybody had problems with using the no AI restart option? I'm playing a game now with the Germans using our start options (doing research ;) ) and just wiped the Babylonians. They restarted, complete with new capital somewhere I can't see, 2 workers in their new capital and 100 gold. If this option is buggy we need to be alert for possible AI restarts.

I've never played a game with the no restart option so never came across this before.

The poll proposal for the next stage of the Early Aggression Strategy has now been posted.

Top Bottom