1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth Map / Mod Question

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Pre-made Maps' started by Mattygerst, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Mattygerst

Mattygerst Prince

Hello all,

I have created a mod based off KMod called MMod. I have recently edited my DLL to have 64 civs. My mod also has GEM map playable as a scenario, with 48 pre-set civs on it (which also requires a 48-civ DLL to play). This is saved as a 'private map' and has a WBS text editor which outlines 48 open civs with set starting points.

I would like to make two different changes, one more preferable than the other, but both will probably work for purposes of what I'm attempting to do.

#1: I'd like to remove this as strictly a 'private map' tied to a scenario. I'd much rather this be open to using any combination of 64 civs with random starting points playble as a custom-game rather than a custom-scenario. I have scoured the forums but cannot find information for how to do this? Would anyone have any suggestions about how to complete this?

#2: Perhaps it is possible that my preference above is not possible and I am stuck using the map as a 'private map' and scenario with a set amount of civs and set starting locations. If that is the case, what do I have to do the the map's WBS in order to increase the open-civ count from 48 to the new 64 count DLL?

2. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Generally a map can is one of two things: completely random terrain generated by some map script plus configurable number of civs and other settings (usually referred to as a map script) or a static map with static civilisations, maybe even including preplaced cities and units etc. (usually called scenario).

What you are looking for is a combination of these two kinds of maps. I had a similar question once and was pointed at an example that does this. Search the general C&C forum for a thread along these lines, it wasn't too long ago.

3. Mattygerst

Mattygerst Prince

If I am willing to deal with a preplaced map with static civilizations / starting locations ... how can I increase the GEM map from the 48 civs that it corresponds with now ... to the 64 civ DLL? I think that would be most simple, bc all I need is for the map to start-up with 64 civs, then I can build the scenario and save it as a WBS file. But, for now, when I open the GEM map, it has slots for 48 civs in the text file. So, how would I go about increasing those slots to 64? Would it be as simple as increasing the text to the additional slots and then placing a starting location for those slots onto the map?

In the meantime, I will search the thread you are talking about.