Earth map renewal project

Okay, Savannah successfully added for all mapscripts.

Are you still working on this civ_king?

At this stage I plan to start updating at least some of the other maps for 1.18. I've put them aside for much too long.

Life gotten in the way, but I have notes for where resources should be, I'll try to get them typed up (I'm a full time student at two schools, I've been rather busy).

Xyth, when you look into this could you make sure Poland has a set starting point on the European map. Every game I play on this map will crash unless I go into the worldbuilder and place them where they should be (it took me a while to figure this out).

Also, if in civ selection there could be a "random european", "random african" kind of selections for custom games. It'd be a worth while inclusion in my opinion.

It'd make evening out regions a whole lot easier for my world map games.

Life gotten in the way, but I have notes for where resources should be, I'll try to get them typed up (I'm a full time student at two schools, I've been rather busy).

No worries, all too familiar with how life likes to eat modding time up :)

Xyth, when you look into this could you make sure Poland has a set starting point on the European map. Every game I play on this map will crash unless I go into the worldbuilder and place them where they should be (it took me a while to figure this out).

Yep, that's on my todo list for the next release.

Also, if in civ selection there could be a "random european", "random african" kind of selections for custom games. It'd be a worth while inclusion in my opinion.

It'd make evening out regions a whole lot easier for my world map games.

That would be great but unfortunately it's impossible to implement. The code for all the game setup screens is locked away inside the BTS application itself and very little is accessible to modding.

I've updated the earth map with the new biomes, terrain, and resources. But Im running into a problem. After I saved world build and deleted the civs and units from the txt file I run into this error message at the very beginning of the game:

"Error in GameStart event handler <bound method BugEventManager.onGameStart of <BugEventManager.BugEventManager instance at 0x10df35d0>>"

The game doesn't crash, but it screws up all the starting locations.

I've updated the earth map with the new biomes, terrain, and resources.

Awesome! I'm assuming you worked on the 124x68 map? I look forward to seeing it.

Just a quick point regarding the question of Horse in the Americas; I seem to recall that Equines were present when humans arrived from Asia, and the theory goes that hunting technology and strategy were so developed that the herds simply couldn't survive in sustainable numbers for long enough to become domesticated. So, there is an argument for them to be there at the start; here our rewritten history sees the Iroquois etc developing animal husbandry a bit earlier :)

Top Bottom