Editing citizen focus yield weights

Zerazar

Chieftain
I've spent a couple hours trying to find out how to tweak these values. I figured there'd just be a table somewhere that detailed it the weights. I can only find files that relate to it in terms of UI/buttons, none for calculations. How would I edit it?

You'll need to be more specific as I have no idea what you mean by a "citizen focus yield weight"

You'll need to be more specific as I have no idea what you mean by a "citizen focus yield weight"
In citizen management, there are different 'focuses' you can apply to the automatic selection of tiles to be worked. One for each type of yield, including great people points, plus a balanced/general one.
The calculation that automation uses to decide which tiles are worked is what I want to change.

Ha! Weights in XML, that would imply Civ V was the most moddable ever. It's coded in the DoAddBestCitizenFromUnassigned() method in CvCityCitizens.cpp

Ha! Weights in XML, that would imply Civ V was the most moddable ever. It's coded in the DoAddBestCitizenFromUnassigned() method in CvCityCitizens.cpp
Ah bummer, I can usually bumble my way through code when I'm just changing values, but dealing with .dll stuff is out of my league. It's a shame, I miss Civ6's approach where you can deprioritize a yield. I often find myself not valuing production much while I'm idling between techs and wars, figured I could just hack the values of e.g. faith focus to do that for me.
Thank you for letting me know, it's nice to know for sure I didn't just miss something obvious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom