1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Editing some files (XML newbie)

Discussion in 'Orbis Modmod' started by First, Sep 17, 2011.

1. First

First Chieftain

First off I would like to say that I love this mod and that I only play this whenever I fire up Civ4.

Anyways, I wanted to know where to look so that I may change the xp cap earned from barbarian units (it is currently 100xp I believe). I want to lower it significantly because I find that in the early game I make a handful of units who farm the barbarians and then I end up constantly reloading if any of those units die. I hate losing units that are loaded up with ungodly amounts of promotions and I think that lowering the cap earned from barbarians would help me with that.

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I don't have the code in front of me so I can't give you the exact name.

That said, you go into Orbis/Assets/XML/GlobalDefines.xml, and search for something like BARBARIAN_XP_CAP. Change the value to whatever you want.

3. First

First Chieftain

There are two that are fairly similar:

<DefineName>BARBARIAN_EXPERIENCE_MODIFIER</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>50</iDefineIntVal>

and

<DefineName>BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>999</iDefineIntVal>

I'm guessing it is the first one, but I think I should probably double check first.

4. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Actually, it's the second one. The first controls how much xp barbarians themselves receive (50% of what you would get, looks like), whereas the second is the maximum amount of xp one of your units can gain from killing barbarians.