Editing some files (XML newbie)

Discussion in 'Orbis Modmod' started by First, Sep 17, 2011.

1. First

First Chieftain

First off I would like to say that I love this mod and that I only play this whenever I fire up Civ4.

Anyways, I wanted to know where to look so that I may change the xp cap earned from barbarian units (it is currently 100xp I believe). I want to lower it significantly because I find that in the early game I make a handful of units who farm the barbarians and then I end up constantly reloading if any of those units die. I hate losing units that are loaded up with ungodly amounts of promotions and I think that lowering the cap earned from barbarians would help me with that.

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I don't have the code in front of me so I can't give you the exact name.

That said, you go into Orbis/Assets/XML/GlobalDefines.xml, and search for something like BARBARIAN_XP_CAP. Change the value to whatever you want.

3. First

First Chieftain

There are two that are fairly similar:

<DefineName>BARBARIAN_EXPERIENCE_MODIFIER</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>50</iDefineIntVal>

and

<DefineName>BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>999</iDefineIntVal>

I'm guessing it is the first one, but I think I should probably double check first.

4. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Actually, it's the second one. The first controls how much xp barbarians themselves receive (50% of what you would get, looks like), whereas the second is the maximum amount of xp one of your units can gain from killing barbarians.