[GS] Eleanor Court of Love Issue

Bojmir

Chieftain
I've had this issue in two games now as Eleanor. I will be collapsing cities through the Court of Love passive but then suddenly it's like I hit a wall with subsequent cities. I took a pic of the 2nd time and have attached it. I literally was 1 turn away from taking Wente Mapu and the others were losing loyalty as well and then suddenly (within 1 turn) the board changed to this. There are four full stocked Great Work cities putting pressure on Wente Mapu at the very least but all you can see is the effect of Amani on them. It's as if I'm not even there. The first time this happened against Wilhelmina. Is there something Lautaro did to have this happen or is this a bug? Thanks for any assistance.

Attachments

• Eleanor Bug.png
    Eleanor Bug.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 140
Did you got a cultural alliance?

This was it! Thank you. Apparently a level 2 does this but not level 1. Thank you!

That's why AI Eleanor will never agree to a cultural alliance.

Indeed, Cultural alliance effect is powerful. Getting one with your neighbourg in case you feel you are going into a dark age is quite interesting.

@Bojmir: main hint to identify that was the case is Lautaro’s cities are not getting pressure from yours (no pink arrows coming in), but also your cities are not receiving Lautaro’s pressure.

Did they build the Statue of Liberty? It’s a must build for me when I’m playing to flip via Eleanor.

That doesn't make much sense. Statue of Liberty is more about protecting yourself from Eleanor.

That doesn't make much sense. Statue of Liberty is more about protecting yourself from Eleanor.

Exactly. So if I build it as Eleanor that means no one can protect themselves from me.

Nothing more frustrating than destroying a civ by flipping then getting blocked by it. So, I just remove that frustration. :)

Exactly. So if I build it as Eleanor that means no one can protect themselves from me.

Nothing more frustrating than destroying a civ by flipping then getting blocked by it. So, I just remove that frustration. :)
Fair enough

Top Bottom