Eliminated by a Probe Team

sendos

Immortal
I just had a game as Cybernetic Consciousness. I was doing well and I was allied with Datatech. Then, at exactly MY 2300, Datatech decides to betray me by sending a probe team into my base...and it literally wiped out my entire empire, leaving me stranded on an island with some colony pods and troops. All my bases just disappeared into thin air! I've never seen this happen before! What was that ability?

I just had a game as Cybernetic Consciousness. I was doing well and I was allied with Datatech. Then, at exactly MY 2300, Datatech decides to betray me by sending a probe team into my base...and it literally wiped out my entire empire, leaving me stranded on an island with some colony pods and troops. All my bases just disappeared into thin air! I've never seen this happen before! What was that ability?
Sounds rather like a bug then an ability to me. The Angels have superior probe teams in terms of sucess/catch change, but the worst they should be able to do in this regard is stealing you one base (with all buildings and units inside, some enery and I believe also a tech, if the rule is tech conquest upon base cature is enabled) via mind control per turn and probe team - like everyone else. The thing you describe sounds like something caused the game to think that you are exterminated completly (last base lost) and get a restart - but thats not what should happen when an enemy probe team takes a single of your bases (not even if it should be your capital)

Top Bottom