'ello - My mod plans + how do models work in the mod tools?

lemmy101

Emperor
xienwolf advised I jump on in here instead of getting wound up by all the hate in Gen Discussion. He's probably right. :D after all I am going to be mod mental as soon as I get chance. (Still in the throes of bursts of work but I'm hoping to get involved with the modding soon after release of the tools, rather than last time where I ended up dropping in at the end just before Civ V was announced ;D

So here are my plans:

1) Redesign the WIP advisor system I did for Civ IV for this. Not just a port across I feel I need to redesign from the ground up. My flatmate giving me a hand redesigning this, hopefully will be good. Of course it needs conceptually tweaking in this since advisors are back in Civ 5, so I don't want them to be confused with them since they are completely different concepts. I feel I need to drastically cut the number of advisers, and make their effects more inline with the leader effects in 5. A specific an interesting effect for each of them, rather than generic modifiers.

2) I have an idea for a 'build your own religion' mod I detailed for the future of that same Civ IV mod (later in the thread). This will be rather encompassing and large so I only want to tackle this when I've got used to the SDK and DLL code etc.

3) As well as co-designing the mod, my awesome flatmate (CaptainBinky) is a former professional 3D character modeller (we both worked at a games studio together in the past) and you know what this means? Weeeee! We're gonna be doing leaders! Which will be fun. To be honest to increase the cache of the mod, they'll probs be themed and exclusive to that for a while, but I'm sure they will end up being seperate mods too in time or finding their way into others that want to use them...

4) Due to work commitments and time constraints I feel I let down glider, phungus and jdog and the rest of the RevDCM/RevMP clan so soon after joining them by not being available to finish what I started with the RevMP fixes. For this I feel pretty bad, and if they end up modding in Civ 5 I will be on hand to lend my support if they would like it. Those people were all doing all the genuinely most awesome stuff that I personally enjoyed playing on Civ IV so I'm hoping they're going to be doing the same thing in V and that I can be part of it.

:)

Also 'ello everyone. Read my Civ V playthru if you like. Apparently it's quite fun. ;D

To make this post actually have a point. I would like to know if anyone has any knowledge of whether the mod tools support for 3D models, as I notice Dale does not mention them in his preview.

I was reading your Lemmy the Indecisive AAR and it is indeed a lot of fun! I'm just out of some hours sleep after an all nighter playing my first Civ 5 (non-demo) game, needless to say I didn't mean to stay up all night when I started the game.

I'm excited about the 3D models :) The more the merrier. I can't wait to actually see a modder put out a fully animated leaderbody.

Top Bottom