Encampment Fortification Health

Kazimierz Wielk

Chieftain
How does one rebuild the encampment fortifications? I have an encampment with 0 health and I can't seem to figure out how to get the walls back. Builder didn't have the option to repair. No option to repair in the build menu.

----
I see now, that the option is under "Projects".

Yes, you should have a project in that city - Rebuild Outer Fortifications. You may have to scroll to the bottom of the list of available items to build in that city.

Yes, you should have a project in that city - Rebuild Outer Fortifications. You may have to scroll to the bottom of the list of available items to build in that city.
i have this situation where the "fortification health" is at 29/200 and i dont have any project where to fix it, it's been like that for like 200 turns and it freaks me out, anyone knows what to do? there's a condition for it? i'm in the information era, so there are no walls to build anymore please help

Should be in a folder with an address something like the following: D:\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\Single

If it's an autosave, it will be in the Auto subfolder beneath the Single folder.

Hmm, I see the issue at Mediolanum. The only thing I can think of is that once you researched Civil Engineering, all of your earlier era walls became obsolete and, therefore, could no longer be repaired. But for whatever reason, Mediolanum's walls' unrepaired status somehow persisted, resulting in the reduced fortification health displayed at Mediolanum.

Hmm, I see the issue at Mediolanum. The only thing I can think of is that once you researched Civil Engineering, all of your earlier era walls became obsolete and, therefore, could no longer be repaired. But for whatever reason, Mediolanum's walls' unrepaired status somehow persisted, resulting in the reduced fortification health displayed at Mediolanum.
well is it a bug then?

Probably, but it's not clear whether the fortifications are really impaired or if its just a display bug. In any event, the save file should help the devs figure this out, if they want to chase this one.

Moderator Action: Moved to Bug Reports.

Probably, but it's not clear whether the fortifications are really impaired or if its just a display bug. In any event, the save file should help the devs figure this out, if they want to chase this one.

Moderator Action: Moved to Bug Reports.
well there should be some impairment right? otherwise what function does it have the "fortification health" meter ,as in what does it mean???? anyone knows??

What I mean is, are the fortifications actually impaired, or is the display (showing impaired walls) glitched? The only way to tell for sure is to see what happens if anyone comes to attack that city, which is pretty inconceivable on Settler difficulty.

What I mean is, are the fortifications actually impaired, or is the display (showing impaired walls) glitched? The only way to tell for sure is to see what happens if anyone comes to attack that city, which is pretty inconceivable on Settler difficulty.
whats the "official" purpose of fortification health compared to garrison health?

After the Spring 2017 Patch, I can confirm that this bug still exists.

After the Spring 2017 Patch, I can confirm that this bug still exists.

Yep. I came here to report it and thought I'd better check if it was already on the list. The encampment fortifications never regained health 100 or so turns after the war was over, and no project to repair them. I could repair the barracks, etc, but that did not help the walls.

Having this bug also. Affects encampments in cities where I've bombarded and occupied the encampment. After the city changes hands (either by being ceded or by domination of the former owner civ), only one bar on the encampment refills, and the encampment will no longer work to bombard approaching enemies. I see no options to repair outer defenses. The Encampment districts and all buildings within have been fully repaired. In effect, the hex becomes useless from that point forward.

Top Bottom