• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

English declares itself indepedant at 1735 AD regardless?

DanLT3

Warlord
Just like the title says, I have a Shaky(+7) French Empire and with two cities on the english island in form of London and Newcastle. England always declares itelf independant at 1735AD regardless of my stability it seems. I have tried several times. Is this a bug or is there something I am missing here?
Save game of my Paragon/Marathon game attached (yes I made goal 1 with a legendary culture in Paris).

Attachments

• Louis XIV AD-1734 Turn 965.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 181
What do you mean "regardless of your stability", and what did you try several times? What is the difference between these tries?

Well is Shaky(+7) not enough to garantee that your empire will not fall apart?
I have made two attempts trying to get more stability into the game at 1735AD (starting from very far apart 1200AD).
But at that year (1735 AD) some parts declares itself independant regardless. I did one more try after writing this post just changing a few things and then it was not English but Spanish who claimed their independance.

It depends on the circumstances and what the cause of the respawn even is. For example, if you do not control all cities of a returning civilisation you might not even be the cause of their respawn but some of their cities you control can still wind up returning to the new civilisation.

I finished the game letting the English be independant. Prussians had to pay for this, becoming my vassal instead.

Last edited:
My Japanese Empire always facing independent from China and Korea. And Shaky is not enough. Need to be stable or above.

Top Bottom