Envoys or Death?

Lee Duane Fitzsimmons

Full-time Cat Lover
I'm playing Prince level with continents.

There are two city states on my continent, and I am about to wipe them out with knights and swords and siege towers.

However, should I send ambassadors and reap the rewards instead?

Does anyone have any opinions about this? :old::old:

Last edited:
Depends on how you value the suzerain bonus of the CSs and how you intend to focus your game. Knocking out a cultural CS when you’re going for a cultural victory might not be optimum, for example.

Personally, I rarely go after CSS, though I often tell myself I am going to change that.

:spear:Sorry about that, Jaybe....

....and thank you so much for your post

I only have the Domination victory enabled. All of the other victories have been cut off... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

However, I am getting some serious benefits from the city states because of the many envoys I have sent.

I'm wondering if I could do better work on the terrain they would leave behind...:deadhorse::splat:

One should measure the value of each CS v the value of another city.
The short answer is you can happily kill them and still win. It’s more a question of what satisfies your soul.

Oh yeah, Victoria....:beer:

Gettin' all philosophical and everything. :band:

It's a nice side of you that I hadn't really noticed before because of your massive intellect, but you also seem to possess a strong sense of beauty as well.

Your first sentence is quite practical and basically frames the question in such a format that makes the decision far more easier to calculate.

It's responses like this that makes my financial contribution to these forums worth every dime... :eekdance::eekdance::eekdance::eekdance::eekdance::eekdance::eekdance:

It's responses like this that makes my financial contribution to these forums worth every dime
Pleasure is based on the amount of pain one feels also.
Perhaps this is why one finds civ pleasurable.
More importantly, To find in amongst the flaming forums this pool of calm provides such pleasure one is happy to throw ones pennies in the well.
Well donated sir.

Pleasure is based on the amount of pain one feels also.
Perhaps this is why one finds civ pleasurable.
More importantly, To find in amongst the flaming forums this pool of calm provides such pleasure one is happy to throw ones pennies in the well.
Well donated sir.
Thanks for calling me "sir," Victoria...:w00t:

You'd be surprised at the size of the percentage of online males who attempt to identify me as a female of the species.:hammer2::hammer2::hammer2::hammer2::hammer2:

It used to offend me somewhat, but now it's so commonplace that I can just shrug it off like Ayn Rand's Atlas and continue without undue emotional stress.

If I had a penny in the well for every time some dude tried to hit on me, thinking that I was a lady, I'd be a billionaire :devil::devil::devil:

Meanwhile, back at the (on topic) ranch.
I'm right in the middle of destroying the Greeks, so I need to get back to my happy-go-lucky mass slaughter...:deadhorse:

I might just leave the two city states alone and start beating up the AI civs on the other continent....

I'll continue with my spy investigations - It woulod be nice if I could use them like in Civ 5 a bit more to affect CS. here is to hoping.
upload_2017-12-28_14-0-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-28_13-59-56.png
    upload_2017-12-28_13-59-56.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 73
I totally agree, Victoria.

The spies were one of the coolest things about Civ V.

...and they were very practical. All of the ones that I sent stole lots of AI techs.

Top Bottom