Epic game pace on the new (8-18) patch feels way too long

phantom1998

Chieftain
I usually play on Epic game pace and for the first time every I enter Industrial era in like turn 490 something (I think that's like in the late 1890s A.D. don't remember exactly which year). And I was the first one out of all the AIs to get to Industrial era, with two or three other AIs only 1 or 2 techs behind me. I'm playing on standard map size with a Shuffle map. I used to play the march builds on Epic game pace and it never took me this long to get to Industrial era. Anyone else experience this as well?

I usually play on Epic game pace and for the first time every I enter Industrial era in like turn 490 something (I think that's like in the late 1890s A.D. don't remember exactly which year). And I was the first one out of all the AIs to get to Industrial era, with two or three other AIs only 1 or 2 techs behind me. I'm playing on standard map size with a Shuffle map. I used to play the march builds on Epic game pace and it never took me this long to get to Industrial era. Anyone else experience this as well?

I'm playing on Emperor, Epic with the 8-18 patch and I arrived in the Industrial era around 1810. It's been OK so far.

I have a large empire with Indonesia and I'm having a hard time keeping up with the AI in techs and, especially, Social Policies. About four different AI civs will get to the Modern era long before I do, and they're also about 8 policies ahead of me.

I'm playing on King difficulty and also playing a large empire. I used to play Emperor back on the March builds but on the new builds I find it way more difficult compared to the older builds, and so I had to kick the difficulty bar down a notch.

Currently playing epic Atilla on Immortal, large map, it's T381 and I'm the tech leader (only by one) with one row of techs away from the industrial era. My land is massive (31 cities, I absorbed 3/4 civs on my continent already) but despite gradually annexing all of my cities I'm also tied with the social policy leader, thanks to a great religion (spirit of the desert) and Eki's (basically farms that give a bit of culture). The tech seems to be about right for the gamespeed IMO.

Top Bottom