1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Error on installation

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by saladinbob, Apr 20, 2008.

1. saladinbob

saladinbob Chieftain

Hello everyone, I'm trying to install Beyond the Sword from a download version (i.e. not disc) and I'm getting the following message:

Can anyone help me here, please? I've done some basic stuff like cleaning temp files etc. but so far to no avail.

2. thecrazyalaskan

thecrazyalaskan Chieftain

Umm... Piracy? Smells like it.

3. saladinbob

saladinbob Chieftain

Typical, I wait days for some help and the only answer I get is from a Troll with the IQ of a plank of wood. Guess you've never heard of digital download, you simpleton :rolleyes:

4. Jerrymander

Jerrymander Epistemologist

5. saladinbob

saladinbob Chieftain

I don't give a flying f&ck if you think it's slimy or not, you're making insinuations that I'm participating in piracy when Digital download is perfectly legal and above board. Or are you suggesting that steam is illegal? Thank,
    's for the link but enough with baseless accusations being made because you're not a fan of digital download.

6. Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch Chieftain

Well, your attitude isn't gonna help.

7. Jerrymander

Jerrymander Epistemologist

Why didn't you say you used Steam? Steam is completely legal and I support it, but the term 'digital download' does insinuate piracy.