Ethnic Diversity

ilmis9

Chieftain
Is here anybody who is using Ethnic units?
How is current state of that mod? Does it still couses CTDs?
Other threads about this one are pretty much dead.

The mod shouldn't cause CTDs. I've played with it for years without any issues whatsoever, but I have been having CTDs with every version since VP switched to 3.0. I don't know - and don't think the issue is with ED specifically, since I didn't see conflicts with dependencies like has been the case with other mods after the 3.0 update and beyond. All of my github posts go ignored though, so I don't get any support with my CTDs. If you have CTD issues after running just this mod, I'd really appreciate it if you checked back in this thread. I can make tweaks to the mod's code if they're needed to avoid CTDs, but downloading the software to tell me what specifically is causing my CTDs is an annoying process since it involves uninstalling current programs to download a list of antiquated programs in order of updates from like 2013-2023 (I tried after reading another user's thread about wanting to do the same).

Last edited:
The mod shouldn't cause CTDs. I've played with it for years without any issues whatsoever, but I have been having CTDs with every version since VP switched to 3.0. I don't know - and don't think the issue is with ED specifically, since I didn't see conflicts with dependencies like has been the case with other mods after the 3.0 update and beyond. All of my github posts go ignored though, so I don't get any support with my CTDs. If you have CTD issues after running just this mod, I'd really appreciate it if you checked back in this thread. I can make tweaks to the mod's code if they're needed to avoid CTDs, but downloading the software to tell me what specifically is causing my CTDs is an annoying process since it involves uninstalling current programs to download a list of antiquated programs in order of updates from like 2013-2023 (I tried after reading another user's thread about wanting to do the same).
Thats why I am asking. Read about those CTDs. And I dont want to get used to such fancy things if it aint working properly. Currently playing game with JFDs Prussia which is not supported by Dolans ED. Tried to give german looks to them, but did not work out.

Is here anybody who is using Ethnic units?
How is current state of that mod? Does it still couses CTDs?
Other threads about this one are pretty much dead.
Bumping just to warn people so they don't have to spend a whole day debugging to find the cause.
I almost always get unavoidable CTDs mid game (somewhere between renaissance era - industrial era) using Dolans ED.

I can confirm this since when I reload the save file before the otherwise unavoidable CTD without Dolans activated the CTD does not happen.
Using the suggested options given by the original Dolens mod post doesn't help, and computer hardware shouldn't be an issue.

It seems that using the other, earlier, ethnic diversity mods doesn't cause CTDs, but they are missing a lot of units and civs.

Top Bottom