Europa Europa Deluxe: European Empires Mod 1525-1800

Making steady improvements, IMO. A few new comments.

1) You need some naval units.

2) If you really insist on Peasant Militia and Medieval Infantry, can we give them a new name for more flavor? For example, Maces are very easy to wield by peasants, while a Longsword or Claymore seems to suggest more sophistication. Hence, Peasant Militia --> Maceman, and Medieval Infantry --> Longswordman?

3) Would still like to see the same distinction between Pikeman and Pike Formation, just for contrast sake. We have options here. The latter could be Tercios, for the Spanish mixed musket/pike unit -- kind of how some of the cavalry units alternate between lances and firearms. A more "pure" unit could be a Halberd (Halberdman), which seems to be an evolution on the pike to better deal with regular pikes as well as cavalry. Other alternatives include the Poleaxe, the Awl, and others...

4) Sometimes less is more. With too many units, the combat balance starts to involve too many niches. (Of course, the opposite is also a danger -- too few units, and the uses become too broad.) Are you sure there aren't too many units in the last two eras?

The other comments I have are with regard to the numbers... but we're not there yet. When the comments get nitpicky, that means you're doing a good job.

Thanks for the suggestions, dh_epic. I'll definitely look into those.

I'm considering waiting for BtS again (not doing a Warlords version)... it looks like it will have a lot that I can use for this :).

I'm busy this week and won't be modding.

Any progress on this now that BtS is out? It looks like an interesting mod, and i would love to see it come to life.:)

What I'm running into is the following:

Too many civs = poor performance = gameplay too slow = very frustrating

The performance from turn one is so bad, it's not even fun.

Because I'm frustrated with this (I always have been, but now it's really starting to piss me off), I'm working less on this scenario and more on the epic mod verison of Europa Europa for BtS, i.e. a version like the original that starts in 4000 BC.

Any word of progress and work is good, tell us [the civfanatic community] how we can help

Thanks, Leif. I'm really just working on the epic mod right now, rather than the scenario. I'll post a civ list later and solicit ideas for UUs, UBs, and leaders. I'll probably start a new thread for it, since this thread currently discusses the 1453 scenario.

A lot of the slowdown probably comes from the AI and the need to micromanage so many cities. I think you should consider picking the scenario up again, but

(1) lobotomize the AI in certain areas of strategy, or lobotomize certain AI players
(2) shrink the map and/or reduce the total number of cities on the map
(3) remove other features that don't add much to strategy/history

This is the hardest part of game design. All ideas sound great until you start working on them and realize there are huge resource limitations. I wish you a lot of luck.

You think there is a chance to get this mod downloaded somewhere?

This mod in its original form is available in the ModPacks forum.

However, it is for Vanilla Civ.

Anyone willing and able to update to 3.17 would be wonderful.

In a perfect world, this mod would be combined with:

Influence Driven War, to represent wars moving borders in Europe
Revolutions
Inquisition

As a focus, using the RevDCM core would work.

Top Bottom