Europe Through The Ages: Revised, Revamped, Remade, Re...something else

Once I finish KoJ, I will post a link to download them all (there will be S. Africa in there also...).
I would expect that I could be done by the end of the week at the earliest.

That's fantastic.

I am just trying to get AI leader traits straight, everything else is good to go.

I've had a bit of an idea anyway, it's linked to my ethnicity scheme. I only need one Civilization, a generic civ. If all Unique Units and Buildings are controlled by an Ethnicity Building, then the need for including different Civs is gone. All that's needed are Leaderheads, Text Files and Art for different Civs and units. This will greatly reduce the amount of XML work that's needed.

EDIT-I've realised this won't work with Revolutions and Barbarianciv. Instead, all civs will just be a copy of the generic civ for XML files, but have they're own text and art.

Well, here is what I was working on... just finished up this evening.
It has Kingdom of Jerusalem, Norman Sicily, Venice, and S. Africa... the first three could probably be pretty helpful to you anyhow.

I owe some people some credits... which I will work on and put them as a txt file... but for now, this should work... feel free to take whatever you want to...

Each civ has at least one LH (animated), 1 UB, 1 UU, Starting Techs, colors and images worked out, AI for the LH that match the person, etc...

http://www.mediafire.com/?z3zgyyey3mq

Well, here is what I was working on... just finished up this evening.
It has Kingdom of Jerusalem, Norman Sicily, Venice, and S. Africa... the first three could probably be pretty helpful to you anyhow.

I owe some people some credits... which I will work on and put them as a txt file... but for now, this should work... feel free to take whatever you want to...

Each civ has at least one LH (animated), 1 UB, 1 UU, Starting Techs, colors and images worked out, AI for the LH that match the person, etc...

http://www.mediafire.com/?z3zgyyey3mq

Downloading now, and it looks good. Do you do requests?

Request... um... kind of... let's just say, it would have to interest me. Basically, I would be interested in doing some European empires, because that is where my interests and knowledge of history are... outside of that though... not sure.
PM me your request(s)...

Request... um... kind of... let's just say, it would have to interest me. Basically, I would be interested in doing some European empires, because that is where my interests and knowledge of history are... outside of that though... not sure.
PM me your request(s)...

Actually, all I need are Leaderheads. The Civs in the next version of this scenario are entirely dictated by map location, so UUs and UBs aren't needed and I can copy and paste all the XML needed. Do you take Leaderhead Requests (especially for backwater places that no one's ever heard of)?

Ok, the animation is taken from the work of others... Putting all of it together in the XML, and doing the AI, I would be happy to help.

I basically find the closest of the existing leaderheads that people have put here, do a little research on the country & leader and adjust the AI stats as needed.

I would be happy to help if I can.

Ok, the animation is taken from the work of others... Putting all of it together in the XML, and doing the AI, I would be happy to help.

I basically find the closest of the existing leaderheads that people have put here, do a little research on the country & leader and adjust the AI stats as needed.

I would be happy to help if I can.

Could you do some research for a suitable leader for any of the following civs (provided that they interest you)?

Britanny
Burgundy
Euskuldanak (Basques)
Catalonia
Algiers
Savoy
Bavaria
Belgium/Flanders
Romania (but not Vlad the Impaler)
Azerbaijan
Karelia

I will start work on the following... over time of course... and I can't be sure to finish all that I list, but some will be done at least...

Savoy - This will be a fun one...

Bavaria - This is pretty cool...

Belgium/Flanders - So, basically you want the Dutch part of Belgium? That's a little small, but I will see what I can come up with

Romania (but not Vlad the Impaler) - I will go with Mihai the Brave then, this one already exists, but I will alter it a good bit... my wife is Romanian, so I was going to do this anyhow. Expect this one first (and I will be doing the whole civ, because I was going to do it anyhow)

Karelia - Wow, this is obscure! I can't promise anything... but I will look into it...

I will start work on the following... over time of course... and I can't be sure to finish all that I list, but some will be done at least...

Savoy - This will be a fun one...

Bavaria - This is pretty cool...

Belgium/Flanders - So, basically you want the Dutch part of Belgium? That's a little small, but I will see what I can come up with

Romania (but not Vlad the Impaler) - I will go with Mihai the Brave then, this one already exists, but I will alter it a good bit... my wife is Romanian, so I was going to do this anyhow. Expect this one first (and I will be doing the whole civ, because I was going to do it anyhow)

Karelia - Wow, this is obscure! I can't promise anything... but I will look into it...

Thanks.

I know Karelia's an odd one but I'm into Finnish History and music. As such I had to include it.

Ok, initial research has produced the following ideas... Did you only want LHs? Or also artwork for flags?

Savoy
Leader: Count Camillo (Benso de) Cavour
Leader Traits: Agg/Char
Leader Civic: Nationhood
Tempermant: not a zealout, growth/military oriented
LH Art: No animation

Bavaria
Leader: Ludwig II
Leader Traits: Creat/Char
Leader Civic: not sure yet
Tempermant: not sure yet, but culture oriented
LH Art: No animation

Karelia
Leader: General Mannerheim
Leader Traits: Prot/Aggr
Leader Civic: not sure yet
Tempermant: not sure yet
LH Art: Animation from Capo... "Dufour"

Romania
Leader: Mihai the Brave
Leader Traits: not sure yet, but he already exists... I will verify existing version is accurate
Leader Civic: see above
Tempermant: see above
LH Art: from existing LH Anim

Belgium/Flanders - haven't researched this yet... still not sure it is needed?
Leader:
Leader Traits:
Leader Civic:
Tempermant:
LH Art:

Leaderheads and artwork (nothing needed for UUs and UBs yet) please.

If you can't find anything for Flanders then just Belgium.

Mannerheim seems a bit of an odd one to lead Karelia, was he born there or is it linked to do with Finland's defence in the Second World War (possibly the greatest military victory of all time. The French were beaten by the cold in Russia, the Germans were beaten by the cold in Russia, the Russians were beaten by the cold in Finland).

The problem is that Mannerheim as the leader of all Finland, and he was also of Swedish-Germanic Descent, so he's really inappropriate as a leader for Karelia. The only good person I could find to lead Karelia is Martti Ahtisaari but he was President of Finland, and not linked with Karelian Autonomy or Independence so he wouldn't make sense. As such I've decided to scrap the Karelian Civ.

The problem is that Mannerheim as the leader of all Finland, and he was also of Swedish-Germanic Descent, so he's really inappropriate as a leader for Karelia. The only good person I could find to lead Karelia is Martti Ahtisaari but he was President of Finland, and not linked with Karelian Autonomy or Independence so he wouldn't make sense. As such I've decided to scrap the Karelian Civ.
Yeah, its pretty obscure. Better off that way.

I've decided to go crazy.

I'm going to create a new thread in Main C&C Forum once I've got all the details finalised as I'll need a lot of help to produce this. In the meantime I've got a few short summaries of the ideas to keep you going. Also, the mod will now be called Europe: From Rome to Revolution. Not only does this sound cooler, but it better reflects the time period I shall focus on (the collapse of the West Roman Empire through to Post-Napoleonic Europe (and then on into the 20th Century and the future)).

Religions: There are, at the current count, going to be 14 Religions, each with their own technology.

o Catholicism
o Protestantism
o Orthodoxy
o Judaism
o Shi’a Islam
o Sunni Islam
o Celtic Paganism
o Aesir
o Hellenism
o Amun-Ra
o Zoroastrianism
o Tengriism
o Baltic Paganism
o Amazigh

Knightly Orders: A Great General belonging to a Catholic Civ can establish one of five Knightly Orders, each with their own Unique Unit. Though a Civ can only establish one KO, capturing a city that has another one will make that Civ very powerful. Most of the Knightly Orders are only advantageous against Civs with a different state Religion.

o Teutonic Order
o Knights Templar
o Knights Hospitaller
o Order of St. James
o Order of Calatrava

Merchant Fleets: Can't say too much yet, but prepare for psychotic levels of money-making. Now all you need is something to spend it all on...

Discovery and Colonisation: This idea is pretty much ripped off Europa Europa: European Empires 3, so credits to Arbitrary Guy. The First Civ to research a Discovery Technology (The Americas, Africa, The Indian Sub-Continent, Asia, Australasia) gains three map resources of that territory, to distribute amongst there friends, only one Civ can research it, and it leads to no other technologies). Any Civ with a map resource can build a 'Further Exploration' Building in a city with a Harbour. That gives them access to another 3 Map Resources to distribute amongst their friends (then they can build further exploration, so eventually everyone gets a map). Further Exploration allows that Civ to establish colonies (just World Wonders that give resources).

Obviously I shall also include the Ethnicities Concept, and a lot of historical scenarios.

Very ambitious, and cool.
So, Baltic Paganism... is that basically going to be Norse Paganism? Should you call it that perhaps?

Aesir is Norse Paganism. Baltic Paganism is for Lithuania in historical scenarios. I know they are quite similar but historically the Norse Folk and Lithuania never bonded in a Religious Sense so I kept them seperate for in-game political purposes.

Top Bottom