Extract GR2 to Blender with mesh AND skeleton and re-export to GR2

So I'm back again, sorry for triple posting.

I'm trying to combine the Samurai and the Horseman. I manually recreated the extra bones the horseman rider has compared to the samurai, and then parented the horse part to the samurai mesh. I just deleted the old rider. However, when I try to export to .br2, I get "AttributeError: NoneType object has no attribute 'name'". Any idea what's wrong? I tried also parenting the samurai to the horse, but same error persists. At one point I managed to export it, but then I got an exception in NexusBuddy when I tried to overwrite meshes.

Anyways, many thanks for the tools and the guide! I think I now have a basic understanding of 3D modding, even though I can only copy parts or create simple weapons or something

EDIT: I got a working model by selectively separating parts of the Samurai and pasting them onto the Horseman. The torsos are quite similar, main differences with the Samurai are the helmet, the shoulderpads and the armour flaps at the waist. My models are a bit crude since I just manually add similar enough bones when I need a new weapon or something, but they work. I just need to hone the UV map and the texture .dds so it'll be fine

Last edited:
Hi, I need some help. I want to modify existing model for Natural Wonder and I have few problems. I will describe steps I did and hope you can help me:
  • export nb2 file for blender 2.49 via NexusBuddy2;

upload_2020-8-18_11-20-12.png

upload_2020-8-18_11-20-51.png

• opened blender, deleted base stuff he generates and loaded those files from NexusBuddy2; then saved file for further editing:
upload_2020-8-18_11-21-35.png
upload_2020-8-18_11-21-55.png
upload_2020-8-18_11-22-23.png

upload_2020-8-18_11-22-40.png

upload_2020-8-18_11-23-9.png

• then, without any changes, I try to export same file back to gr2, but first to br2. Unfortunately I get constant errors for Lamp and Camera. I delete them. Br2 file created successfully;
upload_2020-8-18_11-24-55.png

... continue in next post

Last edited:
upload_2020-8-18_11-25-53.png

upload_2020-8-18_11-26-12.png

• when I load it to NexusBuddy2 I get no textures, only one model (were 3) and Granny can't open it;
upload_2020-8-18_11-27-12.png

I use latest scripts @Deliverator posted on forum (16-30). I cannot use Blender 2.79 because my comp's graphics is to old and does not support it.

The only thing I want to do for that model for now (I have more plans for later) is to move it lower to the ground to not to float over the terrain and maybe cut corners to make it more round instead of square.

Last edited:
@adan_eslavo You should delete any Camera or Lamp objects from your Blender session before exporting. You only want armatures and rigged meshes. If you have multiple meshes they should all be rigged to a single armature.

Also in your situation above you need to use Nexus Buddy 2 to create a Material (using Add button) and assign it to your Mesh via the dropdown in the top panel.

I know it's literally been years, but there is no option to export to gr2, even after installing the Blender plugin.

Top Bottom