ExtraModMod continued

Got the same error on the next turn. Is it helpful for me to continue posting this whenever it shows up?

Attachments

• alexa TURN-0425.CivBeyondSwordSave
    664.1 KB · Views: 44
  • AutoSave_TURN-0424.CivBeyondSwordSave
    663 KB · Views: 42
  • alexa TURN-0425.CivBeyondSwordSave
    664.1 KB · Views: 39
Is it helpful for me to continue posting this whenever it shows up?
These are probably all the same problem, so no, you can click "Ignore Always" (thanks for your efforts anyway). I already checked your first save and I believe it's an error I recently fixed in MNAI, but I'll have to merge and then test it.
These CvSelectionGroupAI asserts are due to some unit being stuck in an endless loop. Your "BBAIlog - [yourname].log" file should name the unit and it's position. If you look there, you'll probably find that it's the same unit all the time.

Speaking of something new: This new error appeared twice in a row

Attachments

• Snek.png
    Snek.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 56
  • AutoSave_TURN-0464.CivBeyondSwordSave
    720.7 KB · Views: 43
  • AutoSave_TURN-0465.CivBeyondSwordSave
    720.9 KB · Views: 41
I'm not sure if this is intentional, but removing RoK from a city with Mines of Gal-Dur via inquisition also removes the wonder. This is rather bizarre since to my knowledge building it doesn't require RoK in the city in the first place, just having it as a state religion.

Once it vanishes it can't be rebuilt unlike religious heroes who just abandon you and are still available if you switch back and no-one else beat you to it.

Also, the blessed promotion from lairs ("the forces of good bless your unit") can bless nonliving units even though the spell can't. Not sure about AoL.

Last edited:
Also, the blessed promotion from lairs ("the forces of good bless your unit") can bless nonliving units even though the spell can't. Not sure about AoL.
The message you get from the lair event is mis-named. It gives the unit the Spirit Guide, not Blessed promotion. I haven't found any reference to Spirit Guide which says it's limited to living units.

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but removing RoK from a city with Mines of Gal-Dur via inquisition also removes the wonder. This is rather bizarre since to my knowledge building it doesn't require RoK in the city in the first place, just having it as a state religion.
I'll check that second part, in that case I agree it doesn't make sense. Even otherwise it seems harsh, I'll check if there's any explanation in the code.

The message you get from the lair event is mis-named. It gives the unit the Spirit Guide, not Blessed promotion. I haven't found any reference to Spirit Guide which says it's limited to living units.
That's a different event, something about your unit finding and burying dead bodies. The one that gives bless is just "the forces of good bless your unit". I didn't take a screenshot but I specifically had the bless promotion on Basium.

I've just been playing my first few games of EMM and great work on keeping the mod going. One oddity occurred during my most recent game. A ravenous werewolf withdrew from comment and from that point on I had manual control of it rather than it being auto moved. It still promoted to a blooded werewolf once it got its first kill though.

Thanks for keeping this going. I have a number of feature requests for the Worldbuilder, based on the Adventure I've been working on. Not sure if they're within the scope of what you're willing to do, which I totally understand if so! I'm thinking particularly of:
  • Switching a Leader for another Leader
  • Switching a Civ for another Civ
  • Changing the Culture colour (and other art features)
  • Changing the difficulty the player faces (e.g. from Noble to Immortal, Deity to Emperor).

Oh another one actually - in EitB the Eras are changed from Ancient/Classical/Medieval to different ones. This is both a flavour and practical change, as it goes from 3-5ish eras, which makes it much easier to start at a point in the tech tree which you'd like to be in. Would it be possible to change to this?

• Switching a Leader for another Leader
  • Switching a Civ for another Civ
There is already functionality for this in the game, via the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-P, but it's broken in this version. Will be fixed in the next version (see here on how to fix it yourself).

Changing the Culture colour (and other art features)
Ctrl-Shift-P already changes the player color to the correct one, I assume that is what you want. It doesn't, however, change city art style. I'll put that on my TODO list.

Changing the difficulty the player faces (e.g. from Noble to Immortal, Deity to Emperor).
Oh another one actually - in EitB the Eras are changed from Ancient/Classical/Medieval to different ones. This is both a flavour and practical change, as it goes from 3-5ish eras, which makes it much easier to start at a point in the tech tree which you'd like to be in. Would it be possible to change to this?
Both reasonable, added to the TODO list.

What about if theres one already using that colour? Can you use that to "switch" which one is using the randomized colour?

Thanks!

Whilst you're looking at that, how hard is it to change game speed in the Worldbuilder?

I'm having trouble installing this mod because I moved my files onto my D Drive instead of my C drive, so the installer can't find the files (I think). Does anybody know how to resolve this issue?

Top Bottom