FA Consulate T4 P1- Conflict With French?

Should France be attacked by our armies next Turnchat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

greekguy

Missed the Boat
Now is the time Fanatikos! You must decided if we, the superior Fanatiks, should invade and destroy France. For centuries their cities have been built next to us and their culture has continued to push our borders back. We cannot let this go without punishment. The city of Besancon will make a fine addition to our empire...but the choice is yours. Yes/No/Abstain are your choices. Voting will take place for 3 days. Vote Wisely Fanatikos.

Discussion Thread is HERE

NOTE: FA Consulate Favors Declaring War With France

LET US go to WAR!!! Our mighty armies will crush the inferior French soliders and we can take our target city (Besancon) in one decisive attack. Our cities are well fortified and we can easily reinforce them if need be.

I'd like to give a better answer than, "Why not?", so...

Our one major hurdle has been the obvious lack of figures to...

A.) Attack the cities (offensive units).
and
B.) Defend the city captured from counter-attack (our Hoplites).

We now have achieved aquiring both of these resources, I say we go through with it.

Minimal discussion, few benefits given.

Let's actually TAKE OUR TIME on this - we don't need to rush headlong into this discussion as the hawks demand. Taking a session or two to nail this down, create CONCRETE objectives for this war are in our best interest.

I want to know what we will get out of this, how many of our troops do we need, and when we will stop. None of these questions have been given good answers.

I vote NO, and urge all concerned citizens to do likewise.

-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatikos

admiral-bell said:
Your govroners and citizens want war Mr.president

I am aware of that. I'm gravely disappointed that the questions I raised weren't even considered during the discussion. I have no trouble with a war, but we are about to jump into a hasty war, unprepared, with no strategy, and we don't even have a thread for our Ministry of Defense yet!

This is NOT how we should conduct ourselves.

-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatikos

You have a point ravensfire. However the way I see it the war with France should be quick and easy. We want Besancon our army is in Civatonia. In I assume 5 turns our forces could be knockin on the door of Besancon and take it in one attack. This is not a very strategically difficult war. The only thing we need to worry about is France attacking our cities which shouldn't be too much of a problem. Our Hoplites are strong, and we don't need our entire army to take Besancon.

Top Bottom