• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FA discussion: Treaties and alliances for the next turnchat

Bootstoots

Deity
Retired Moderator
I saw some discussion advocating peace with Zulu, so I thought I'd bring that up. We have only captured three cities and razed one (to my knowledge) but we do have a base on the continent. Should we keep fighting the Zulu or seek peace with them? Also, should we sign alliances against either the Zulu (if we decide to stay at war with them) or the Aztecs or Persians if they attack us? Discuss! :D

There is not enough time for a proper poll, so I will use the results of this discussion when posting my instructions.

Sign an alliance with Persia!! If we lose them, we lose our source of GPT...We need to too, but a good price..maybe a tech, gold ANYTHING, just as long they are on our side!

I would suggest as follows:
  1. declare war on Persia NOW
  2. make peace w Zulus and form rop and ma vs. Persia with them
  3. sign rop and ma vs. Persia with Aztecs
This way, we can direct the world war against Persia instead of being the victim of a joined attack! Persia is the strongest enemy and we should take them out first while distracting them by (feeble) Zulu and Aztec attacks! We can reduce science to make up for the lost Persian money.

Rik Meleet said:
Depending on what the Aztecs do; we do the following:
Aztecs attack -> we sign Zulu and Persia into an All Out war on the Aztecs.
Aztecs do not attack -> we continue the Persian conquest.
Arrgh. Why wait what they do? Let's take the initiative and sign them into an alliance. Don't react, act!

Looks like they're already on their way to attack us... although an alliance might change their minds. This should make for an interesting poll though...

But, do remember one thing. We are a republic, so the more wars, the more war-wariness. That's a *HUGE* continent over there, that might take 20-25 turns per civ (Persia and the Zulus included as 1 civ).

We're pretty much in a posistion to cripple the militaries of all civs on the continent. Just wait about 3 turns, attacking troops as they come in, all the while building up, then go on a razing-spree.

Top Bottom