1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall from Heaven 2 doesn'r run in Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Troubleshooting' started by Donegal, Nov 20, 2009.

1. ambitan

ambitan Chieftain

I've tried all the suggestions here to get fall from heaven 2 to work but I hav'nt had any luck so far. I gave myself admin control, changed the security, and created a new install folder. Beyond the sword is patched to 3.19. dont know what else to try. Everything seems to work fine untill i load the mod. the mod loads normally but the beyond the sword menu is there instead of the ffh.

2. Tholal

Tholal Emperor

And you're loading the game via the FFH shortcut? Not the BTS shortcut.

3. obriente

obriente Chieftain

I keep getting the following error when trying to play the game:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
    Application Version: 3.1.3.1
    Application Timestamp: 48317e8a
    Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4c2159a5
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00067320
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 8485
    Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
    Additional Information 3: 096e
    Additional Information 4: 096e1bd0f1dc1c0a0e6c1d8ecc5c1361

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I have tried re-installing and changing the security permissions, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Does anyone have any advice?

Terry

4. Breunor

Breunor Deity

You need the latest version of BtS, you are using a (VERY) old version in 3.13. Upload to 3.17 and 3.19. As you have seen, FfH II doesn't work without the latest version.

Best wishes,

Breunor

5. obriente

obriente Chieftain

Breunor,

Thank you! I thought I had updated to 3.19. I downloaded and installed both updates and viola! Thanks a ton!

6. Peisistratos

Peisistratos Chieftain

I'm sorry, but I'm having a problem similar to all of these. I've read this entire thread and tried all of the suggestions: I've given myself administrator permission, reinstalled FFH several times into different folders, and every time when I click on the shortcut or load FFH from the BtS menu nothing will happen. Does anyone have a suggestion?

7. Peisistratos

Peisistratos Chieftain

Never mind! My patch wasn't installing. It works now. I LOVE this mod!!!!!!!!!!

8. TheFlayedMan

TheFlayedMan Chieftain

I can't get it to load up. Keep in mind that I am completely useless with mods. As I read through this thread, all I could think was "wut"?

9. TheFlayedMan

TheFlayedMan Chieftain

Alright, so I've downloaded the mod and placed in the MODS section of Civ 4. I've also downloaded the BtS patch, the newest one. Yet, when I click load mod it says Civ 4 has to restart in order to play it. The game exits out, but doesn't start back up.

As I've said, I'm pretty remedial in relation to mods, so if anybody could help it'd be much appreciated.