Fallen Nations

I have actually done puppet govs which act as buffer states. I say "I'll let you live, I'll fund you. You can't do anything without my improval till you're big enough to kill me"

One thing that is to bad is allied troops can not go into your city nor can you enter theirs. In the case of a Mutual protection pact this would be useful. IF you turn on you pact member or they turn on you, their troops (or yours depending who's city they are in) could be placed automatically outside the city.

Another good idea is that countries can choose to liberate cities conquered by another civ. An example of this is that the US could either liberate Paris from German occupation or claim the city as their own. I'm pretty sure something like that was available in another game I've played before.

Well technically you do have the ability to give a city to a nation in the trade options. So after the battle is over remove your troops (extremely important or you lose them) then give it to them. The AI however will never be this magnanimous.

it would be cool to be able to take POW's too, say units have a % chance to surrender and turn into non-combat units for the POW recieving nation. the % depends on health.

what would a POW do for you? maybey turn into workers?

what would a POW do for you? maybey turn into workers?

actually that would be a great idea...and after wars or negotiations the workers could be rightfully returned into soldiers of there original nation...if the dominating nation chooses so :)

how about adding an other building, labor camp. For the POW's, (but qonquest is featuing slavery, think that works on troops too)

but something like, exile (or sumething) where a AI players gov is send after defeat into excile and when u liberate them they can (iff u want too) be turned into a free country again, boosting there pleasing for u. And not too mention mayor increase in international status

and perhaps and exciled gov can (after defeat depending on calc) still own some of there troops that can be used too liberate there country (the French WW2) :king:

In SMAC if a civ was badly beaten by you, you could make it your vassal. It would be allied to you and give you tribute, votes in the PC, that sort of thing.

I act like I do this in vanilla Civ 3. I usually leave a conquered civ with one city, so others won't get angry, and so I can have the satisfaction of knowing they're my b*tch :)

but i think adding something like what i said before sounds pretty cool, where a country is beaten but the army (or some units) remain loyal too there country and are willing too continu fighting there cities free, one by one.

Problem with slavery ,POWS and vassel states is that it could cause an uproar of disaproval and get banned in Australia (lol ok getting a little to sarcastic there...) you get the point. Firaxis wouldt want to do anything that could cause it to get bad publicity...probably why they took out terrorism (in CIV3) cause of 9-11 as some of u loyal followers remember...

but i think the modern world is too much of a cry baby. Terrorism will be there, game or not. Civ is trying too give u a view of the world as it is, including the ways of war.

POW's are made, slaves excisted (and still do) and this game isn;t gona change it or not. hey, Cid is not they guy too blame for 9 11

Originally posted by CadetEmperor
Another good idea is that countries can choose to liberate cities conquered by another civ. An example of this is that the US could either liberate Paris from German occupation or claim the city as their own. I'm pretty sure something like that was available in another game I've played before.

have you played medieval total war, coz thats exactly what happens, except it is with provinces and not cities.

anyway, these are some really cool ideas. i agree with the first post its really good.

i would like to see this kinda implemented so that you could have a cold war a bit like the real thing.

sounds good.

Top Bottom