far far away

foodguy

Chieftain
here's the latest and i'm looking for advice:

i'm egypt in a regent game. i ended up on a long (long) island by myself. we're talking 12-cities long. And then there's another long island just off the coast (another 6 cities). and then there's nothing, well practically. only by dint of numerous kamikaze galley runs, i have encountered the other civs, but they're all on long islands too far away for trading.
the problem is: with no trade, i'm stuck both advance and cash wise. i can't generate the money to buy new advances and i can't trade my many luxuries for them, either (but when galleons come in, i'll rock).
two-part question: what would you do in this situation regarding advances? and what would you do on that big colony-island? i've got 6 cities there each producing 1 shield apiece because of corruption. forbidden palace is started, but it's 175 turns away in my biggest city!

I'm amazed corruption is so bad. I'd try squeezing some more cities in between and building lots of harbors. If you think you can somehow get a lot of wonders, go for a 20000 culture points in one city victory.

foodguy:

try this to reduce corruption

1)build your Fp in your second city you built
2) Move your palace to a city that is stll on your main island but is closest to the second island.
3) You can either leave your palace there or you can move it to the second island when the cities get rid of some of that waste.

You have of course built courthouses in all of the corrupt cities,if you havent do this by disband rushing or cash rushing

of course in order to keep up in tech you will either need to make contact with oter civ's or max out our science (I prefer to contact the other civs)

Top Bottom