Faster/shorter leader animations

Potenzo

Chieftain
Please, for the love of God, can Firaxis make the leader interventions shorter?

When an AI leader wants to grumble at you (for example, to say "I'm annoyed that you've just built a wonder"), here's what happens:
1. The leader screen pops up.
2. The leader plays his animation and voiceover, with text on the screen saying what he's annoyed about.
3. The screen fades to black
4. The leader fades in from black
5. You see the the "standard" leader animation for his happiness level, together with the same message printed in a different position on the screen. This time there is a button to dismiss him.

Items 3-5 are entirely unnecessary timewasting. And since several leader interventions can happen during a single turn, you just get the feeling the game is wasting your time. They add nothing to steps 1-2. Even where there is a choice for the player (e.g. "Comply/Refuse/Ignore request"), there's no reason why that dialogue button couldn't appear on the step 2 animation screen.

Please remove steps 3-5. At least give us an option switch them off.

I turned off leader animations because my laptop can't handle them. But I find no animations to be really great. You still get a nice looking leader and you get right to the point, without needless animations wasting time.

Thanks for the tip, I didn't realise you could do that. In default of Firaxis actually implementing my request, that's exactly, what I'll do.

Top Bottom