• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Final lap weirdness

CaptainPatch

Lifelong gamer
I'm to the point where I can build three of the final projects that can win the game for me. HOWEVER, whenever I open a city and try to add one of those projects to that city's build queue, as soon as I click on it, ALL of the population allocation icons on the city map mysteriously disappear. [I should add that at present I have Purity 14, Supremacy 14, and Harmony 12. (But I am NOT trying to build the Harmony final project.)]

Anyone know what that is about?

That's peculiar. EVERYTHING on the build list is built _inside_ the city. Except for these apparently.

Well, I guess the only thing to do is to select the most worthless tile and build it there.

That's peculiar. EVERYTHING on the build list is built _inside_ the city. Except for these apparently.

Well, I guess the only thing to do is to select the most worthless tile and build it there.

Tactical tip: built it on a hex with a road/magrail.

That was done on purpose. The idea is to make the last victory condition (gates, mind flower, beacon) something physical on the map so that other players could try to destroy it before you win.

Yes they are a very unique concept to civ. They are a tile improvement that has health like a city tile, can be destroyed completely, and cost production to build.

I wonder if they got the idea from early CiV pre-release ideas. Ed Beach talked about having wonders fill a city tile in the Retrospective video and the idea seemed somewhat similar to this, in a sense.

Top Bottom