Finally on Deity

PSDuke

Chieftain
I just feel like sharing even though not much is being added here (everyone's probably on MP)

It took me a while. Played mostly on King, then about half the civs on Emperor, which I found very challanging. After reading so much on the forums I decided to go for it (Deity) this weekend. Won 3 games comfortably, and got a close second. I dedided to play that one to its conclusion, but just couldn't get Ghandi's cap. He already launched for the tech win, but the message said I must get his capital to stop him from winning. I read somewhere that you could still win on tech without your cap, but ok. I was Shaka.

I first played Chinese since everyone seems to rate them as the best (without much skill required). Won domination in 1710 which was a record for me. I was never troubled, Although I got lucky with the castle thing that turned my horses into knights that basically did the trick. Well apart from Chinese being SO strong. I obviously don't use them enough...

Same happened with Japanese, but recognising the castle I rushed a second horse army before I took it and got domination in 1050. I was a bit miffed at the low rating I got. I could have gone for any victory but wanted to see how early I could get a domination.

There was a lot of luck in those first 2 games
I've already described the Zulu game, but I'll try them again. They have some obvious strengths.

The last one was Aztec. I knew my horse army was too late to take caps, so I took the smaller cities or the settlers. I got too side tracked and the Romans were all of a sudden close to Cultural victory, Then out of the blue they decide to trade Atomic Theory. So I did, built Manahattan Project with a saved GP, and Nuked his Culture city:lol: It still took me a while to win, so I have more improvements to make but it was great fun!

What I can say is:
- You must expand fast
- You must take enemy cities (pref caps)
- Consider horserushing (not usually my style)
- Thanks for all the advice on the forums!

I know that I'll still get my a$$ handed to me in MP, so I'll keep practising
PS: On a personal note I don't like the idea of building a ton of cities. If you look at the DLC world map the cities overshadow the landscape and it feels out of proportion, but that's how it is - It would be very difficult (impossible for me) to win with only 3-5 cities...

Top Bottom