Finishing Games

unfortunately i seem to keep getting caught in repeating unfixable ctd's near the end of the game, unrelated to MAF... hopefully goofy spawns fixed in the next patch. cant wait for it :goodjob: check in all the time... RIFE is so much better than civ5

I come to the RiFE forum just about every day, just to check to see if the new patch is out. :) I had stopped playing for awhile due to crashes. Over the past couple of days, I've played 4-6 games.. all cut short by either repeated crashes (that forced long reload times) or irrecoverable CTDs. Now I know why I stopped playing.. But, it's still worth jumping into, now and then, while waiting for a patch. If I knew one wasn't forthcoming, I would have left it behind long ago.

I don't get crashes too often (about the only crash I get is probably the related-to-treasure-chests one). Tried autosaving every turn? (some post somewhere else has details on how to do this, it's in the .ini file and can be modified from the launcher) Been able to repeatedly get to turn 100 with only treasure chests to worry about.

I don't get crashes too often (about the only crash I get is probably the related-to-treasure-chests one). Tried autosaving every turn? (some post somewhere else has details on how to do this, it's in the .ini file and can be modified from the launcher) Been able to repeatedly get to turn 100 with only treasure chests to worry about.

I save early and often. I run with the regular autosave and then rotate three saves for any game I'm playing. It's just the interruption in gameplay and the long re-load times I have to deal with that puts me off sometimes. But, I do enjoy every game and would play much more often if I could cut the crash frequency in half.

Top Bottom