Firaxis Livestream on Thursday: Conquests of Alexander

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-23 um 19.59.58.jpg

Apadana confirmed.
Needs to be next to the captial's city center.
Instantly get 2 envoys.
Every new wonder in that city gets you 2 more envoys.
Looks great! (even if historically incorrect)

@Eagle Pursuit exactly like the old 19th century painting I posted ;-)

Last edited:
Swordsman nerf confirmed in the chat. So probably 36 strength now.

Noticed Hetairoi has 36 strength, so could see that. Would also imply they changed the unique units accordingly.

Also, classical road 0.5 movement cost. Really curious wheter that's a general change.

The healing of all units world wide when taking a wonder is a base game macedonia bonus :crazyeye:

Alexander's LUA - Short live of Glory: likes civs at war with others than Macedon. Doesn't like peaceful civs.
Cyrus's LUA - Opportunist: likes people who declare surprise wars. Penalty for never having a surprise war.
note: Cyrus Bonus works on civilian units.

Cyrus bonus movement 10 turns, applies to Civilian units too.

And Cyrus likes surprise wars, mildly dislikes people who don't declare surprise wars.

I guess both leaders belong in the warmonger section when played by the AI for sure.

And Cyrus likes surprise wars, mildly dislikes people who don't declare surprise wars.

Really, that's just the opposite of Tomyris' Agenda. Does this have anything to do with Cyrus in real life? Nothing about his so-called "human rights"?

Really, that's just the opposite of Tomyris' Agenda. Does this have anything to do with Cyrus in real life? Nothing about his so-called "human rights"?
I guess it's mostly because they wanted him to be the opposite of Tomyris and be an AI civ that often declares surprise wars and make use of his ULA. I'm not sure if there is much history in it.

I think he was known to have declared war on friends during the expansion of his empire?

I guess it's mostly because they wanted him to be the opposite of Tomyris and be an AI civ that often declares surprise wars and make use of his ULA. I'm not sure if there is much history in it.

I wasn't listening clearly at that point, so I thought they were referring to Alexander with this liking Civs who declare Surprise Wars thing, wonder what silly name they gave to Cyrus's Agenda then.

View attachment 467583
Apadana confirmed.
Needs to be next to the captial's city center.
Instantly get 2 envoys.
Every new wonder in that city gets you 2 more envoys.
Looks great! (even if historically incorrect)

@Eagle Pursuit exactly like the old 19th century painting I posted ;-)

A Persian wonder in the game, this is great.
The inclusion of Apadana confirms my suspected that the developers want to include wonders from the whole world and from the most varied possible civilizations, that is great.

I wasn't listening clearly at that point, so I thought they were referring to Alexander with this liking Civs who declare Surprise Wars thing, wonder what silly name they gave to Cyrus's Agenda then.
Opportunist.
Alexanders agenda is named short life of glory.

Since I'm not the type to blindly declare Surprise Wars, I'm guessing I won't have that great of a relationship with Cyrus then. Alexander will also disapprove of my playstyle. Gorgo already does :p

Top Bottom