First MOD to post

tbear2520

Warlord
This is the very first MOD. And it's well deserved. My big disappointment with Civ 4 is really no Earth to play like in previous civs. So I took the Earth and the Earth Ice Age MOD that comes with the game to play a normal Earth with the civilizations from the ice age group. An easy MOD but is really a huge portion of Civ! It uses rapid share to download (free)

http://rapidshare.de/files/6857553/Earth.Civ4WorldBuilderSave.html

I would make a copy of the same file by default located under

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\PublicMaps

Then replace it with this one. That's it, Filename is "Earth.Civ4WorldBuilderSave"

Then launch the game goto single player and select Play a Scenario. Then choose Earth.

Enjoy!!!

Acturally I do belive its the second mod :) heres the first. Still-great work! I'll have to get this one once I get my game (the 31st! Few days away.)

great job, only one issue and that is starting location - my English spawned in Eastern Russia ;)

Yea this MOD was just two existing (shipped with Civ4) Mods joined together. For everyone out there. The starting locations are the same exact location as the Earth Iceage.

You can modify them manually through wordpad. Right click on the file - click open with and choose wordpad. Then locate the X/Y location for I.E. StartingX=67, StartingY=43 and change them to fit your desire. I found no way to do this through the World Editor. :(

Between that and the missing Civ's you can already tell there's going to be an expansion pack.

I NEED a screanie, I dont have Civ 4 and Have tosee the map of the world, Please :cry:

will do man, thanks for the tip

Uh, that link takes me to some page which seems to be trying to sell me something...

tbear2520 said:
You can modify them manually through wordpad. Right click on the file - click open with and choose wordpad. Then locate the X/Y location for I.E. StartingX=67, StartingY=43 and change them to fit your desire. I found no way to do this through the World Editor. :(

Maybe I'm missing something, but where do you identify the X/Y of a particular point? Am I supposed to "guess" which matched pair = London? The world builder is no help in indentifying squares.

Top Bottom