[fix] Unenable to change city names

vrijeleeuw

Chieftain
Hello all !

I used to modify civilization for my own but it was a long time ago. I bought G&K expansion and I was looking to change city names but what ever I do, it still show me the native name. I didn't modify the core game and don't want, I want to use mod tools to do that.

Here is the code I'm trying to import on civilization 5:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Created by ModBuddy on 7/11/2011 2:16:40 AM -->
<GameData>
<!-- french city names-->
	<Language_en_US>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PARIS">
			<Text>Lutetia</Text>
		</Row>
	</Language_en_US>
</GameData>

It's in CIV5GameTextInfo_Cities.xml file import to ModBuddy and export with the same tool. I see the mod in civilization 5, I can active it and play but it does nothing at all. Any idea ?

There was a change in one of the patches, now multiple text keys with the same tags and language aren't allowed (it generates an error in database.log). So you need to delete the original TXT_KEY first, or use Update::

Code:
<GameData>
	<Language_en_US>
		<Update>
			<Where Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PARIS"/>
			<Set Text="Lutetia"/>
		</Update>
	</Language_en_US>
</GameData>

(not tested, but should work, let me know if it doesn't)

True, it works fine with this, do you know where I can find all this type of changes ?

I don't know, I just read this forum regularly, so I'm updated about such things :)

I don't know, I just read this forum regularly, so I'm updated about such things :)

So I will too, sometimes there is tiny changes with new updates and we don't see it until we need it.

[edit:]

In fact we can use my example, in order to apply new data on existing ones we need to add a <delete *type_id*> line.

Code:
<GameData>
	<Language_en_US>
                <Delete Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PARIS"/>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PARIS">
			<Text>Lutetia</Text>
		</Row>
	</Language_en_US>
</GameData>