1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[FIXED] Game crashes at 70th city

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by huskerguy, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huskerguy

huskerguy Chieftain

I have been playing at epic speed, year 1932. when I am puppeting my 70th city, the game crashes and oes to desktop. any fix ?

2. Vader1025

Vader1025 Chieftain

I posted something like this in the gameplay forum since I was thinking it was no way a bug like this could exist.
    I'm having the exact, same issue and have found no workaround. Savegames become corrupted, and even conquering a city does the same thing.
    This, to me, is game breaking. I play Civilization games to "own the world" and I can't if I'm stuck with an Empire that can't expand.
    This needs to be fixed, yesterday.
    I can't even play until this is fixed and that is crap after 60 hours of gameplay.

3. *M*

*M* Chieftain

Confirmed.

Game always crashes when having 70 cities. (found that city in my saved game to see for yourself ;) )

Attached Files:

4. lachootbg

lachootbg Chieftain

i think this should be fixed the day before yesterday :lol::lol::mischief: ... btw thank u for posting this ... i play only marathon speed on huge maps with 22 civs + 28 city states.. thanks to u now i know this game wil lhave to wait for me to play it for atleast good amount of months... of the 2 2civs every 2 are repeated i recieve many offers from the like "hello! i am alexander of greece. lets go to war against alexander!what do u say?" :eek::eek::eek:... and if i am gonna play 2 days to find out that i cant have more than 70 cities i would have gone CRAZY:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. Anastomosis

Anastomosis Chieftain

I have confirmed this bug. I have a save game with 69 cities. One of my gunships is poised to take over Siam's last city. When you do so, it appears to work fine. However, proceeding to the next turn will then crash the game.

Also, proceeding to 71 cities within the same turn crashes the game immediately. This is reproduced by conquering Beijing after Siam's city - easy to use the Stealth Bomber just to the east of Beijing to reduce its HP then advancing with one of the Mech Inf to the north.

I'm always connected to Steam, so I have 1.0.0.20 I suppose.

Save here:
    http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=576894

Also, as Vader1025 said, saving the game when you have 70 cities corrupts that save, making the game crash if you try to load it.
    For now, my only recourse is to give back 4 cities to a couple civilizations, then steamroll the remaining 3 capitals.

My system:
    Intel Core i7 950, HT on
    GeForce GTX 295
    6 GB RAM
    Win 7 64 bit
    pretty blue lights on the inside

My thought on this is: because they changed the win condition of Conquest to elimination of the capitals rather than taking over 75% of the land/annihilating everyone, they likely never playtested it out to 70 cities. Which is weird though, because among the beta testers, weren't there some that liked to do go out just conquer a ton of land? I guess not. Personally, I didn't realize the win condition was conquer the capitals until just a couple turns ago, assuming that these conquest conditions were similar to Civ 4.

6. Vader1025

Vader1025 Chieftain

This is probably, one of the biggest bugs in any Civ game and, imo, the biggest in Civ V, yet there seems to be zero action by Firaxis on this. There were reports of this 3 or more days ago on the official forums, yet no comment by anyone that can fix this, yet they spend dev time on worrying about the AI giving away too many cities?? At least comment that you are "working on it."
    I would really like to know when I can start playing again.

7. postalman

postalman Chieftain

I've got the same issue. The official forum says firaxis have reproduced it and are working on it. Did no-one play test a marathon game?

8. Anastomosis

Anastomosis Chieftain

Of course not, silly. It's the new business model. There wasn't any testing prior to "release." We do beta testing for them, at the low low price of $50-60 for the privilege.

9. tibel2000

tibel2000 Chieftain

I have the same problem, have captured 69 cities, and then the game crashes or freezes after I hit "Next turn". Very annoying after having spent way to much time on the game....:crazyeye:

10. Vader1025

Vader1025 Chieftain

Turns out that when ANY Civilization gets 70 cities, the game crashes. I tried just not placing or conquering my 70th city but Germany got 70 and no game progress for me.

11. huskerguy

huskerguy Chieftain

I did see that they were aware of the problem and are "working on it"

12. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

What a laughably stupid bug. It just goes to show that there really was next to no thorough testing prior to release. Oh well.

13. Vader1025

Vader1025 Chieftain

I wonder when I'm going to finally get to play the game I bought?

14. rhettrongun

rhettrongun Prince

I have been encountering a crash that looks like it could be from this same problem recently, and I can't find anything stating this was resolved (I checked multiple threads).

Can someone tell me if this issue has been fixed in one of the later patches?

15. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

The thread title says "fixed", doesn't it ;)?
    Yes, this was fixed and an user tested one of the saves with a later patch, this here should not be an issue anymore.

If you have a similar thing, then please open a new thread WITH the problematic save.

16. Ace KillMore

Ace KillMore Chieftain

dude which patch fix that problem

mac user

17. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

One of the previous. Since they are automatically installed, you shouldn't have to worry which one.

18. Trey489

Trey489 Chieftain

This is not fixed, I am not able to attack and take control of a city with out the game cashing to desktop.

19. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Did you mean to post this in a 4 year old Civ V thread?

20. Trey489

Trey489 Chieftain

No i didnt, it was ment for civ 6 thread, sorry. I'm not able to play cause every time i attack a city to conquer it the game crashes and ive done this 7 times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.