Flag icons

zeppelin17

Chieftain
I was wondering how to change the flag icons, or at least to change a few of them back to the way they were in BTS. I think it's silly that Carthage's flag is the Tunisian flag...

The logic behind the Carthaginian flag is that Carthage is located in Tunisia, and I am unaware of any good flags for Carthaginian, Numidia, or Phonecia.

Offhand, a better Carthaginian flag would be nice. Also, I would prefer the flag of the Qing Dynasty rather than the Communist flag for China.

Carthaginian flag in vanila BTS was better, I think, although I have no idea about whether that is historically accurate.

Agreed. I know full well why the Tunisian flag was chosen, it just doesn't fit. It would be like the Aztec flag being Mexico's flag, or Egypt's actual flag instead of the Eye thingy.
Also it's really annoying when the Ottomans are in the game, the flags are way too similar lol.

ok this is a mosaic version of the Tunisian coat of arms, IMO looks way better than the current flag.

You could definitely chop out the Carthage part and just touch it up a little, would look pretty sweet. according to Wikipedia, the galley at the top is actually supposed to be a Carthaginian galley... if that counts for anything. Plus, judging by the flag the galley is flying, I'd say the BTS flag was pretty accurate.

With that, the Ottoman flag was half right, it's actually the Flag of the Kayihan khanate from 1326....

The actual Ottoman flag for the most part was this... (1453-1844)

Agreed. I know full well why the Tunisian flag was chosen, it just doesn't fit. It would be like the Aztec flag being Mexico's flag, or Egypt's actual flag instead of the Eye thingy.
Also it's really annoying when the Ottomans are in the game, the flags are way too similar lol.

I agree, especially about the part with it being too similar to the Ottoman flag. I just wanted to explain the reasoning. It is also a good thing that Zap did not make the Aztec's flag the Mexican flag since he added the Mexican civ in his Mega Civ Pack.

oookay, so nobody is answering the original question? I too would like to change the unit flags back to the BtS version.

Top Bottom