Focus on Fanatikku: There's A Riot Goin On!

I agree with producing a Spearman for MP, but I disagree with the Granary. A Temple, yes a Temple would be a good idea. We need the Culture. A Granary? We don't need one yet

NO NEED for granary, settlers and militatry units. We save granaries for less attractive spots-

Let's just start random executions of the disorderly :lol:. I like the idea of MP better than using sliders, it will just reduce our income.

We don't have any MP in the area. This is a three-turn deal, as we can switch it when we get the Settler. It actually turns into longer than a three-turn deal if we don't build the Settler in 3(aka use an Entertainer).

So it seems the lux slider is the way to go.

From a Cultural point of view, raising the luxury slider is the best point of view. Creating a temple would be too costly, requiring the deaths of citizens and the promotion of oppression, not to mention unhappiness.

AS per the MP, that only works where the unit has an attack value of one. A worker will not suffice.

I've mentioned before; The science-department supports the downing of the science-slider. Let it be noted that the Science Department prefers a structural solution and urges the nation therefore to connect more luxuries or increase the amount of temples and other happyness-generating buildings in the cities.

Where is our Domestic Ministry? With the lux slider proposal receiving strong support, can we please get an official word from Domestic?

Donovan Zoi, it may take a looooong time to find domestic, and please not comment their work, or to try help them with some input, especially if you are a minister. They will consider it out-domestication, usurping of power and so on if you raise some criticism, I have myself seen people rattling with the all too cheap CC and PI sabres when they feel the heat. So DZ, hear my advice, Domestic is as it stands immune to all criticism, and the best way to deal with it is to let it flounder, and let some "veteran" with tenure handle it in line with the DG game tradition :)

The riots in Fanatikku, failure to post polls, ignoring constructive inputs, a strong territorial sense of departmental monopoly and disinterest in coordination seems to be more sympthoms than anything else. I wil let people on their own decide what to do.
I have been instructed specifically not to involve myself in that. I follow that advice.

Donovan Zoi said:
Where is our Domestic Ministry? With the lux slider proposal receiving strong support, can we please get an official word from Domestic?

From post 14 in this thread, authored by yours truly: "As per many of the suggestions here, the lux slider will be raised to 10% to deal with the unhappiness."

No need to hit the wall ;)

I'm glad we've raised the lux rate to 10%. I have to warn against the construction of either Hanging Gardens or the Oracle, however, in dealing with our happiness issues.

IMHO, our best option is not to build buildings that incur costs or have temporary effects, unless it is imperative that we do it. Instead, by actively seeking out and connecting quickly to luxuries in the future, and then by constructing as many marketplaces as possible, we can reap many long-term happiness benefits, while shunning unnecessary costs.

I realize it's a bit early to be thinking about all this, but that's my 2 cents, anyway.

-Alex

Top Bottom