1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

For those who are worried about the unit size and zoom graphics.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by GeneralEggbert, Sep 13, 2005.

1. fishlore

fishlore Prince

LOL. I forgot I'm not allowed to have an opinion. You sound like a drooling, ******** four year old with your "waaaaaaaaahmbulence" statement. I'm sure the other special ed. kids will find it funny.

What is truley sad is that you don't seem to understand that other people are entitled to their opinions just like you're entilted to yours.

2. Ryanstein

Ryanstein Chieftain

You'd have to be some kind of moron to say the Civ4 graphics are bad

~Ryanstein

3. TeraHammer

TeraHammer Prince

or blind offcourse

4. Helmling

Helmling Philosopher King

I think the complainers must be comparing the graphics of Civ IV to, say, AoE 3 or something. Make *that* comparison and sure, they'll look shabby. But that's like comparing WoW with Doom3. The graphics engines are working on entirely different scales. I'm sure Civ5 will look as rich as RTS games look now because engines will be able to sustain graphic quality over the span of the entire world, but for now, AoE 3 has graphics like that because it's working on a smaller map scale...and because it has higher system specs (I suspect).

For my part, Civ IV has great graphics. Even turned all the way down (for speed on my low-RAM work laptop) they really add to the immersive quality of the game.

5. Bushface

Bushface Deity

Helmling is right in that AoE looks prettier than Civ4, at least in my opinion, but I cannot play AoE3 because it is not turn-based. This makes a huge difference. If superb 3D images are your ideal, then go rent a video or just turn on your TV (though not to one of the animated shows).