Forbidden Palace blues

Trexpack

Chieftain
I am currently playing on a large continental map, Regent. I started on a southern island, medium sized, have 11 cities on it, then I expanded to one of the main continents and have 11 cities on it. My question is, I want to build a forbidden palace on the continent, but I don't have the option. I know that 8 cities are required on the standard size and 16 on the huge. Do the number of cities have to all be on one continent or is it my total? Does it depend on my cities population count too? I am confused as to why I don't have this as an option, seeing as I am a little far from my capital on the island nation of Persia and it would be nice to construct a forbidden palace. It is approaching the middle of the medieval age. Anyone who can help, I would appreciate it. I am currently at war with China on the continent in order to secure a decent foothold on the continent.

Thanks
Trexpack(AKA J-DOgg):beer:

As far as i know it may just be the cities you have built, but I always build on the same continent because I play huge continents.

If you used the editor to change the "optimal number of cities" parameter to combat corruption, you wont get Forbidden Palace after 8 cities. In my civ3mod I set it to 100 (Standard size map) which gives me the Palace after about 50 cities. The loss of corruption is worth the wait.

Originally posted by Luca Brasi
If you used the editor to change the "optimal number of cities" parameter to combat corruption, you wont get Forbidden Palace after 8 cities. In my civ3mod I set it to 100 (Standard size map) which gives me the Palace after about 50 cities. The loss of corruption is worth the wait.
thanks I did that too and I was wondering were my Forbidden Palace was?

:enlighten
I get it. Thanks. I will have to play around with that. I set my max cities higher too. Cool. Thanks for the tip. I was getting concerned cause I just took over the entire bottom of the continent im on and still no forbidden palace. Thanks a bunch.

trexpack

Top Bottom