Foreign Tourists

GrumboMumbo

Warlord
Ok, I am trying to get my facts straight when it comes to how the tourism victory works.

This article explains it well:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...s-domestic-tourists-and-tourism-in-civ-6-4879

Hidden Total Tourism Threshold formula:
  • Hidden Total Tourism Threshold = Number of Civilizations in the game x 150

If this article is correct, in a standard 8 player game I would need 1200 lifetime tourism to a single other civ, and then I would get 1 foreign tourist.

However, in my current game it seems the threshold is actually 1600 lifetime tourism before I am getting any foreign tourists, so that would mean that the formula here is incorrect and in fact it is actually:

Number of Civs in the game x 200

Can anyone confirm this? Has the hidden total tourism formula been changed since this article was written, did they make the Culture Victory 25% harder to achieve? Or is the game bugged?

Number of Civs in the game x 200
Correct, and the article is old from when the value (in global Paramus) was 150.
Of note if getting your head around it... is that foreign tourist is taken off that civs domestic tourists so always be nice open borders and trading with the highest culture maker.

Of note if getting your head around it... is that foreign tourist is taken off that civs domestic tourists so always be nice open borders and trading with the highest culture maker.
Man, that tourist stuff is such a mess. None of this is shown to you in the actual game UI.

Ok thankyou Victoria

Edit: Are you sure the domestic tourists get taken away? I have never seen that, but I haven't exclusively looked for it. Is there anywhere in the UI or game code that would confirm that?

I might do some testing...

Edit: For anyone interested, I did test it and attracting a foreign tourist does take a domestic tourist away from the civ

Last edited:
Top Bottom