Fort-Village Tundra Fail

Gidoza

Emperor
Not really a bug so not on GitHub, but I had this silly situation...

Have a Fort next to a Village. Later in game, I want to change Fort tile to a Village tile and have no Fort at all. But I can't build a Farm on either tile because there isn't any water, nor any other item, and since I can't have adjacent Villages/Forts, I can't disable either of these Improvements in order to shift the adjacency bonus of the other.

My only choice is to make a GP tile, which seems extreme, besides the fact that neither of these tiles are what I had in mind for a GP tile.

Perhaps not that important seeing as Tundra tiles tend not to get worked in the long run anyways, but were there a way to simply raze an improvement the same way one can remove a road, this could be useful.

Yeah I really wish there was a "remove improvement" button. There's situations like these, and sometimes I want to permanently remove something (eg I razed a city and one of my existing cities expanded it's borders to an improved tile that is out of range).
I don't like the look of having a half built farm on my beautiful land. :p

Not really a bug so not on GitHub, but I had this silly situation...

Have a Fort next to a Village. Later in game, I want to change Fort tile to a Village tile and have no Fort at all. But I can't build a Farm on either tile because there isn't any water, nor any other item, and since I can't have adjacent Villages/Forts, I can't disable either of these Improvements in order to shift the adjacency bonus of the other.

My only choice is to make a GP tile, which seems extreme, besides the fact that neither of these tiles are what I had in mind for a GP tile.

Perhaps not that important seeing as Tundra tiles tend not to get worked in the long run anyways, but were there a way to simply raze an improvement the same way one can remove a road, this could be useful.
You could use InGameEditor for that.

Top Bottom