Free Policies - Choose all social Policies right from the start

wenz

Scout
Hey guys.

With this mod the era requirements for all social policies are gone. You can get Order or Autocracy as Your first policy if You like. This is for fun and entertainment only, obviously there is no balancing or AI tweaking to handle this concept.

Just wanted to find out how write and publish a mod, so I created a fun one for playtesting and giggles. Please tell me how You like it and what experiences You made with this mod on. And give it a thumbs up if You had fun.

Source Code:
Code:
<GameData>
	<PolicyBranchTypes>
		<Update>
			<Set EraPrereq="NULL"/>
		</Update>
	</PolicyBranchTypes>	  
</GameData>

If You encounter any difficulties playing with the mod please let me know.

Did You click the "Install Mods" after downloading at the bottom right of Your mod browser? Have You downloaded any other mods? I just tried it again for myself and had no problems.

now it did work for me thanks, quite funny with commuism early on haha, made it to easy even for a warlord newb like me! but good fun

Cannot get this mod to work and would like to very much. I have tried restarting the game completely, I installed it, enabled it. Even turned off all of the other mods to see if using it solo might do the trick. Tried different leaders, maps, speed, eras, etc and still, they are all locked from the get go. Any tips appreciated.
Other mods such as the improved clock, no unit and building maintenance works just fine.

Just checked the Mod again on another computer and it works fine. Just remember, You need to have 25 culture to spend to see any differences and then You can choose the later social policies.

As far as I know, if You want to use this Mod component togehter with other Mods You have to load it after any other ones that might also alter the policy prereqs. I´d love to get some feedback about that.

Similar problem as mentioned above by netomilt.

The issues I am having an issue encountered before with one other mod.

I download the mod, the download has "suceeded" according to the manager. I install the mod, it installs it... apparently...

However on the installed page it does not appear and therefore there is no option to enable it.

Is there a way to manually download from the scource as when I checked the mods in the "my games" folder it is not there.

OR

If I manually copy and pasted the code into the mod tool, would that work? :hmm: (I'll try it and report back)

The only reason I am doing this is to create a screen shot of the SP so I could build a senario and not have to write down all the teck you need...

(btw it will be The battle of Waterloo; Napoleon vs Wellington and Blucher ==> Napoleon Vs Elisibeth and Bismark)

I d/l'd and installed version 4 last nite and I'm having similar problems to above. I have "checked" the mod as installed. However when I go back and start a new game, the mod does not work. Is there a button in game to activate the mod? I have achieved 2 social policies and neither time were they free, and i was not allowed to pick the others.

Any ideas?

No d/l link means I can't enjoy this on the Mac version (unless I load up Civ 5 in Boot Camp/Windows 7, ugh)

Top Bottom