• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Free Tech not working with Multiplayer?

srlarkin

Chieftain
Help anyone?

When I host a multiplayer game using a scenario the free tech player properties in the imported scenario do not get applied.

What I do:
In the scenario editor, I opt for custom player data. In the player
properties I click off civilization defaults, pick initial era Middle Ages.
I then go to free techs and click on Feudalism. I then apply, save (to test.bix) & exit.

I then launch CivIIIPTW (with patch 1.27f), select multiplayer and play by email. In the multiplayer setup screen I select game mode = scenario then text.bix and launch.

The game starts up, & I click thru passwords & usual startup messages until I can hit F6. I notice that Feudalism was not given as a free tech.

This same .bix file works fine in single player mode and works fine if imported as a game instead of a scenario (this is not a suitable workaround since I cannot change players or introduce AIs at that point). The problem seems to occur with all multi-player modes, not just PBEM.

Thanks,

srlarkin

I have exactly the same problem.

I even tried to give player all the techs behind the tech i wanted and set the initial era properly but that didn't work.

I think (i haven't tested it) the one workaround may be to give the civilization the required free tech in editor's civ property screen and then set the player who will take this civ to the appropriate era in the player properties window.

However, thats not been tested by me so i would like to see some more help on this issue

Top Bottom