Funny Bug ?: Split empire into Aztecs and Egypt during same turn...

Skybuck

Prince
I have encountered a possible funny and rare bug in civilization 1:

I've been playing civilization 1 on this live stream for a while:

At somewhere around 4 hours and 24 minutes I prepare and finally attack both capitals of Russia and Zulu.

I take Russia/Moscow first, it splits into Egyptian empire.
Then I take Zulu Zimbabwe, it splits into Aztecs empire.

Both civilizations are YELLOW !

This has never happened before, I am unsure what is happening exactly.

I suspect the egyptians have been replaced with Aztecs and there cities are now empty ?!

Kinda interesting but also a bit painfull to see what happens next ! LOL.

Suddeny Aztecs is much bigger than planned ! HAHA.

Yes, this can happen if you take two capitals in the same turn. When it happens, the units of the old civ of the same colour are deleted and their cities are emptied when the new civ takes over. There is a save of mine somewhere around the forums where you can split the same civ two times in a single turn and get this result (plus the second split actually kills the original civ).

Yes, this can happen if you take two capitals in the same turn. When it happens, the units of the old civ of the same colour are deleted and their cities are emptied when the new civ takes over. There is a save of mine somewhere around the forums where you can split the same civ two times in a single turn and get this result (plus the second split actually kills the original civ).
Emptied? But existing and functional?

Emptied? But existing and functional?
Yes, units owned by the previous civ of the same colour are deleted, while the cities are left standing with no garrisons. I suspect units are linked to a specific leader, while city ownership depends on civ colour. I might be terribly wrong.

Top Bottom