Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Goonie

Lonely End of the Rink
Please read before voting. This is Yes, No, Abstain format to the question of implementing Plan B.

48 hours. Qurom is 15. I think Correct me if Im wrong.

Steps
1. Get into the industrial ages
2. Click on Sanitation as our target.
3. Set the slider as high as it will go without going into debt.
4. Try selling more gems if possible.
5. The AI rarely goes for Sanitation. For a thread related to the AI's lack of going for sanitation click here
The second post is very important in talks about staying ahead in the tech race in the Emperor level.
6. Once Medicine is secured (I believe we will be the first) Sell it for GPT.
7.With this new GPT, set the slider as hign as it can go without going into debt.
8. Once Sanitation is secured sell it for more GPT!(Please Note- If a civ has a tech leading to Theory of Evolution, trade Sanitation for that tech. If we can get more, get it. If we have to give a bit, give it)
9. Set the slider higher.
10. Click on Theory of Evolution as our next target.
11. Pre-Build Theory of Evolution.
12. Build ToE.

Advantages
1. This gives us a good short term goal and plan.
2. The GPT we are taking from the AI will hurt their ability to research which means that we will be able to pull ahead.

The AI never goes for Sanitation first. This gives us a chance to build ToE first, as we might be able to research it first with all that GPT that will be flooding in. Please be open minded. If you dont do this normally, consider the possibilities.

Related Discussion

I vote no... One thing we really need though, is to get into democracy. But, our cities aren't even large enough to support all of our troops (for the commerce).

If we were not a monarchy, this plan might make a little bit of sense. I don't really like any aspect of it, though, to be honest. We should be setting our sights on the wonders instead, researching steam power first and then industrialization. And we should not be doing any of our own research until we change governments. Right now, this would just cause us to fall further behind in the tech race.

I did have a similar situation (actually happening now) in a succession game. (can't spoil it for Padma, though), but basically, we tried to go for one tech because someone thought the AI wouldn't research it (we were at 10%). Well, the AI -DID- research that tech! Now we're starting to play catch up. Fortunately, we nearly have control of our starting continent and a monopoly on resources, something the current demogame DOESN'T have.

Just to make it very clear...we will fall further and further behind in technology if we try to research ourselves while still in a monarchy! If this poll gets approval, we are going to lose some valuable ground in the tech race, not to mention losing most of our military funding.

This is a well written Poll, Goonie.

Originally posted by Cyc
This is a well written Poll, Goonie.

Strangely enough, I agree here. If the plan included switching to democracy at some point before the science rate is raised, it wouldn't be such a terrible plan, either. I would still vote 'no', because I favor a different research path, but at least it would not cause as much damage.

I am sorry to say this, but I also voted no. There are a few flaws:

1. Medicine is not a key tech for anything... The only thing it gives is sanation. The AI would not pay any gpt for it.

2. We do not have the infastucture to get are slider up high enough to get it first without killing are bank account. Which we need for this war.

3. The gpt the AI gives us is going to be anything extra. Unless they are forced into a sitution where they have to use there gpt for something they will keep the same science rate as before.

An excellent poll Goonie.

I too would like to see us eventually begin our own research, but I fear that at this level, under our current government, we cannot possibly keep up in the tech race, even with our sizable advantage in cities and our scientific trait.

However, it appears that we just recently acquired the knowledge of Democracy which may represent the means to which we begin researching technology ourselves. However, due to our current conflicts and the newly signed alliances, we daren't change governments to Democracy at this time.

Nonetheless, nice job on the poll.

I vote NO - at this time. Maybe this would work once we have made peace with or vanquished our current enemies, and have made all the appropriate domestic moves to switch to democracy.

I also wish to join the masses in commending you on a thoughtful, well-written poll. Don't let the results against you in this poll keep you from lobbying for your ideas, Goonie. The ideas of individuals are what keep this nation strong as a whole.

Yes, an excellent poll, sir! Please continue your efforts. :goodjob:

(Sorry, I did vote no to the proposal though. I don't think it will work in our situation.)

Top Bottom