Future Census Data

disorganizer

Deity
the Census Office has opened a project to evaluate the Data to be collected of our citizens in a to be generated future census.

in this thread, the citizens are able to suggest which data to be collected.

we thought of having mandatory and optional data, which means data you MUST provide to be a citizen and data you CAN provide if you wish to do so.

we already thought of:

MANDATORY
name=username
city=game-city where citizen lives
mandate=official(!) function to be approved by cabinet
former mandate=like ex-presiden, ex military leader etc.
OPTIONAL
function=for example reporter of "democratic daily"
membership=membership to special citizen groups
Aspiring [insert post]=for example if you put "Aspiring Governor" in here then you are willing to be a nominee for a vote to it.
OPTIONAL REAL-LIFE
timezone
sex
OPTIONAL FREE-TEXT
<just what you want to add which will not be part of the statistics or census>

all of these points are open to discussion.

Name: Strider/Baia
City: Eyr
Function: None
Formor Function: None
Inofficial Function: None
Membership:Spice Traders Guild
Timezone:Central US
Sex:Male

Name: Talar
City: Fox Nest
Function: None
Formor Function: None
Inofficial Function: None
Membership: None
Timezone: +2
Sex: Male

Name: napoleon526
City: Fox Nest
Function: none
Former Function: none
Membership: Knight of the War Church
Time Zone: -5 (Eastern US)
Sex: male

name= Grey Fox
city= Fox Nest
function= President
former function= none

timezone = GMT +1 (Central Europe)
age = 20
country = Sweden
sex = Yes please... oh I mean Male.

name=croxis
city=Eyr
function=Nada
former function=nada
inofficial function=nada
membership=Church of Takeout

timezone: Pacific Daylight time
sex: Yes please

(ok ok, male)

Name: Eyrei
City: Eyr
Office: Domestic Leader/Vice President
Former Office(s): None
Membership: None (Currently wooing all groups ;))
Timezone: EST(-5)
Sex: Male

Are we not suppose to argue which one we like? and don'T like??

Maybe it should be good to add Future Aspiration( wich meant : what you would like to do in the future as a member of the demo game?? ) so we know who wants to do what

MANDATORY
Name = Badluck
City = PDX
Official function = Vote on Poll, Citizen
former function = Vote on Poll, Citizen

OPTIONAL
inofficial function = Assasin
membership = The Unlucky One *TUO*
Future Aspiration = None

OPTIONAL REAL-LIFE
timezone = huh? it'S 22:58 NOW
age = almost 20
country = Quebec/Canada/North America/
sex = Male

MANDATORY
name=Immortal
city=Khatovar
function=None...Yet
former function=N/A

inofficial function=Resident Peacemonger
membership=The Spice Traders Guild, Civic Defense Board

timezone= -7GMT?
age= 18
country= Canada (it's okay)

STOP PLEASE!
this was NOT meant to be the registry thread ;-)
i know you wait dor this data... but i just wanted to know wheter we should include more data we survey or wheter someone is insulted by something we gather...
so please wait for the "official registry" thread to register with this data...

Why not do it this way then? Each citizen will make a post (ONE post only) in a registrar thread and will continually update that post (as needed) for info about himself/herself as the game progresses. ;)

this is already planned this way by the domestic department. but we first need to know which information we want to put there. and thats what this thread is for ;-)
later there will be an new (sticky) "official registry" thread working this way.

Why not just let the citizens post whatever they want to reveal there?

It seems to work fine for the Civ2 game. ;)

ok. but we will need some standardized minimum information for statistics or some tables.
but of course we can add a kind of "free-text" field so you can write what you want.
just look at the old registry thread. its hard to make any statistics or just tell how many ppl we have from this thread

so our thoughts were to gather 2 kinds of info:
official mandatory (partly to be approved)
optional fixed (for statistics)
and now i will add your point as 3rd kind:
optional free (freetext part)

but i got another thought about it:
what about allowing only 1 post per citizen, each citizen has to update his post, and he will be forced to update every month (even if he/she/it doesnt change the info), so we can see wheter he is still there?

i also like the term "mandate" for the official function. think i will change this in our registry/census ;-)

Originally posted by disorganizer
but i got another thought about it:
what about allowing only 1 post per citizen, each citizen has to update his post, and he will be forced to update every month (even if he/she/it doesnt change the info), so we can see wheter he is still there?
And if he's not? There, I mean. What shld we do? Spank him? :spank: :p :)

Seriously, I'd foresee drastic see-sawing in the active participants of this game. People come and go and move on; and there isn't much we can do. :(

[***roleplaying***]
we dont spank! we are not the millitary department!
[/***roleplaying***]

serious:
of course this will happen, but as we see the "last update day", we know how many citizens we REALLY have. and we can reflect this in a stat if for example a post is 2 months old we could just dont count it in a census.

but i will please DOF to delete SPAM posts or DOUBLE posts from the thread to keep it clean.

Originally posted by disorganizer

It is a good idea with one post per citizen, where you can write whatever you would like to reveal about you and think would be interesting for others to know. But why force people to update it every month? IMHO it serves no purpose and it feels bad.

well i just have the problem that we have 60 citizens and only 30 are voting in the polls, so it seems that 50% of our citizens are kind of absent... as we have no way to see who voted, i just thought this would be a chance to see how many we really have.

i also plan not to implement, but to put on a 48h vote first, so at the moment we seem to be conclusive about the points which we should survey in detail and that we need a freetext field.

it looks like a poll
* data ok, forced to update posts regularly
* data ok, free to update when changed
* data not ok! discussion needed
* no change!

if one of the first two posts will have majority, we will implement the wanted regulation as wanted, if the next is voted we will return to discussion, if the last is voted we leave everything as is.

Did anyone liked my idear about optional data???? or is it a very st*pid idear

Top Bottom