G-Major LXXXIII

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Diplomacy (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: King
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Map Type: Small Continents
  • Speed: Marathon
  • Leader: Any
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 2nd May to 17th June 2017
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Wow, King (the most challenging/annoying level in some ways to me), Standard size, Small Continents (perhaps one of the most variable maps), Marathon (you must be committed :)), and an "any leader" affair. Definitely a worthy gauntlet for a 6 week Major!

Think I'll go with Siam here, they're a solid civ for DiploV and a Marathon game should be good for my League of Nations score with them.

Agree on King - no one has lux's to trade... and Marathon, where if you miss the UN timing you can see "84 turns to next vote".

Nope.

Think I'll go with Siam here, they're a solid civ for DiploV and a Marathon game should be good for my League of Nations score with them.

A solid choice.

I am thinking of trying Sweden, going permawar to get Great Generals and spamming Great Prophets if possible to save cash on bribing CSes, just to see how it works out.

t414 finally hit astronomy, getting some observatories up
7 cities, liberty for pyras and oracle finisher to time the GE for National College, petra/macchu expo, patronage to scholasticism and rationalism opener
df + religion (13 cities) with the +100 gold being +300 in marathon
russia's (11 cities) have the reformation belief for uni's so might let them spread a bit to purchase some science buildings
friendly with japan and pachacuti, sweden is really tough to befriend recently
the city states are producing 50% of culture nearly constantly, Alexander you influencer

Attachments

• 20170604104624_1.jpg
    20170604104624_1.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 187
marathon game pretty crazy / just enough cash in the game to purchase 2 research labs @3080gold (japan was at +200gpt) in time to trigger the info era before the second world congress cycle
critically sweden became friends after catherine knocked his capital for I guess exactly the last GS a turn before porcelain tower, with 3 really expensive ones from faith 12000+
world fair 6000+ hammers for the last two rationalism policies, freedom to universal suffrage and eventual patronage finisher / ran into unhappiness before constructing the forbidden palace and had to delay secularism for the city state 50% lux bonus
world religion passed = 46 votes with the world congress for
a t666 1542 AD diplo vic
nice challenge

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0006.png
    Civ5Screen0006.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 231
Top Bottom