G-Minor CLXXI

aafritz17

Escaping
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Settings:

• Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Science (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Warlord
  • Map Size: Small
  • Map Type: Fractal
  • Speed: Epic
  • Leader: Poland (Casimir III)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 1st to 30 November 2019
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Last edited:
Just a thought, but perhaps you might want to extend these two current gauntlets until the end of November.

With the update and this gauntlet-dedicated forum coming out so late in the month (no worries on that at all, of course, updates are great!),
it stymies discussion and generating interest in these two.

To be honest, these are two ideal gauntlets for better participation-- The G Minor is low level science with Poland, which is a home run as far as ease of entry and fun gameplay with the Polish social policies, and the science victory is maybe the most popular..
The G Major is an any civ gauntlet, which REALLY needs more time to give people the chance to try different nations. I think with longer time to talk about them on the forums and give people chance to get in games, we might get some more entries.

Just think it might be a consideration to extend these until November's end. Thanks.

Last edited:
Submitted for 1959.....just getting back into Civ 5, so acceptable for me. Had 17 cities and no issues whatsoever.....almost a boring game Attila took out 2 of my 6 competitors but my continent was fairly peaceful....except when Boudica ignored my pleas for her to stop spreading her heathen religion.....this crap is grounds for war for me in Civ 5.

Please note - end date extended to 11/30/19.

Submitted for 1959.....just getting back into Civ 5, so acceptable for me. Had 17 cities and no issues whatsoever.....almost a boring game Attila took out 2 of my 6 competitors but my continent was fairly peaceful....except when Boudica ignored my pleas for her to stop spreading her heathen religion.....this crap is grounds for war for me in Civ 5.

haha.... darn right! Awesome 17 city empire!

Put up a pretty decent 8 city Liberty game. The only issue was not a single accessible mountain on my continent, so no Machu Picchu and no observatories obviously. If I had had Machu Picchu I could have afforded to immediately rushbuy all the research labs instead of some and then collect all the gold for spaceship parts sooner-- would have sped my finish time significantly. I also forgot to build Porcelain Tower somehow, so that extra great scientist may have sped it up a bit too :). Will try again, to get at least 1 mountain!

Fractal maps give very little control in the settings over what you get, so gotta hope for the best.

Submitted a t395 win (score 4819). I rolled two djungle starts but the third roll looked decent and gave me a capital next to a mountain (settle t1). I went for a 4 city NC and ended up with nine cities in total (conquered Geneva, London, Carthage, Osininka and Onondaga (and burned some 10-11 cities)). The map turned out to be perfect for this game: three of my core cities were next to mountains and the fourth had three salt tiles. The center of the main continent was a huge inland sea (never seen anything like this on a small map) and the small continent only had one CS and nothing else. At the end I had some minor timing issues, because I started bulbing too late. All in all that costed me about 10 turns but the game in itself was surprisingly fun even if it gets a "little bit" ridiculous when you are 34 techs ahead of the closest AI.

I got a T261 victory with 8-city Tradition. Pretty interesting map with a cute little inland sea, a couple of mountain city spots and Lake Victoria; no salt though and only a 2-tile Petra. The highlight of the game for me was connecting every single luxury for constant WLTKDs. Took two capitals and used a Great General to connect a 4th ring spices in Gao, then after Astronomy I met William who was isolated on his continent and traded with him to get the last luxury.

These are fantastic settings for fast wins. On Epic your units are effectively 50% faster, low difficulty level allowed for a religion with no happiness, Poland's UA is insane.

Attachments

• 20191026122620_1.jpg
    20191026122620_1.jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 209
Submitted 338/1590. Felt it could be faster (but not Vadalaz fast!)

Mods: crash at start of 314, all saves available.

What does "Version SV8" mean? And the other Gauntlet says "Version SV5" so I'm assuming this is a different verison? I have tried googling this all over, and looked all through the Civ 5 HOF rules, and can't find this anywhere.

Like, is this a mod that we play with like the Civ 4 gauntlets?

I hate to start a game before knowing, maybe I'm just not smart enough to find this info. However, the HOF rules don't even mention BNW anywhere, just vanilla and G&K. ;)

(to be clear, G-Major C here on the mb's says SV5 as the version, but on the HOF page itself it says SV8, so maybe that's just a typo)

What does "Version SV8" mean? And the other Gauntlet says "Version SV5" so I'm assuming this is a different verison? I have tried googling this all over, and looked all through the Civ 5 HOF rules, and can't find this anywhere.

Like, is this a mod that we play with like the Civ 4 gauntlets?

I hate to start a game before knowing, maybe I'm just not smart enough to find this info. However, the HOF rules don't even mention BNW anywhere, just vanilla and G&K. ;)

They are (apparently) the HOF nomenclature for the game version. When I set up a gauntlet, there's a drop-down with several "SVx" options, and a couple of them actually have a note "1.0.1.322" or whatever. Currently, the game is at 1.0.3.279, so that must be SV8. I always set it to SV8, but I think I copied those settings into the thread, then noticed the SV5 in the actual Gauntlet page of the HOF. I fixed the actual settings, but I didn't notice that I needed to fix the thread, too.

Just edited it, but, yeah, it amounts to a typo. The actual Gauntlet page has SV8 in it.

Sorry for the confusion.

Congrats to vadalaz on a masterful game in speed and score!

Congrats to zlither on a very good game that I barely edged for the silver.

Solid games by everyone it seems!

Happy Holidays :xmascheers:

Top Bottom