G-Minor CXLXVI

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Diplomacy (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Warlord
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Map Type: Great Plains Plus
  • Speed: Standard
  • Leader: Germany (Bismark)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 3rd March to 1st April 2018
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Warlord, so Panzers vs Xbows? Yikes!!!

Last edited:
Completed this one....1900 victory......had a lot of cities.....must have been about 15. One of my best of my few diplo victories....feeling I finally have Warlord mastered, at least. Took out one civ and had a very large section of the map under my grasp....and took the first religion choice for border growth...never did that before...wow....nice. Also nice that I think this wasn't the first time that I screwed up and had to go all the extra turns until the diplo victory vote came around again!:) Got it on the first time.

Usually get 10-20++% better over 3-4 plays... but this one, only a couple of turns. 229/1595AD (first try was 236 if I remember right). Great plains plus just doesnt seem to have a good (at least for me) growth area. Sun God helps a little, but not enough.

It was very "diplomatic" - kill all but 2 for Atomic era vote.

Bulbed frantically (scientists and writers) to get it done in 1 vote, just made it.

Mods: crash at 123; all saves available.

Top Bottom