Game Crashes

TomPtrs

Chieftain
Hi,

I recently picked up Civ V again, hadn't played in about 2 years.
The game has always worked fine and it still does, but in my latest game it always crashes on the same moment.

I've included the save file. When you hit 'next turn', as soon as it's player 4's turn the game just closes on itself. Note that besides this crash the game runs super smoothly on my computer (as it always has), so I don't think my computer can't handle the game. It's a 13" macbook pro medio 2012. Note that I switched the standard HDD it used to come with for an SSD a while ago. I tried lowering the graphics settings to the lowest setting possible, but still this crash occurs every time.

I've contacted Aspyr Customer Support but they haven't answered yet. In the meantime, could anyone please try to upload this save-file to their game and see if you can get to the next turn? If so, could you then make a new save and then send me that one?

I found the save-files in this location:

~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ5campaign/Data/Library/Application Support/Civilization V Campaign Edition/Saves/single

Thanks!

Attachments

• Aajskjoewb_0018 BC-3550.Civ5Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
Hi,

I recently picked up Civ V again, hadn't played in about 2 years.
The game has always worked fine and it still does, but in my latest game it always crashes on the same moment.

I've included the save file. When you hit 'next turn', as soon as it's player 4's turn the game just closes on itself. Note that besides this crash the game runs super smoothly on my computer (as it always has), so I don't think my computer can't handle the game. It's a 13" macbook pro medio 2012. Note that I switched the standard HDD it used to come with for an SSD a while ago. I tried lowering the graphics settings to the lowest setting possible, but still this crash occurs every time.

I've contacted Aspyr Customer Support but they haven't answered yet. In the meantime, could anyone please try to upload this save-file to their game and see if you can get to the next turn? If so, could you then make a new save and then send me that one?

I found the save-files in this location:

~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ5campaign/Data/Library/Application Support/Civilization V Campaign Edition/Saves/single

Thanks!

Did you find a fix for this? I’m having the same problem.

From what I understand it’s happening from a bug when a civ recaptures its capital. The best workaround is to download the in game editor and force peace. However I have no idea how to install the IGE on a Mac without steam so I’m also at a loss! Let me know if you found a fix!

FWIW, i am having more trouble with crashes than ever before. It has put me off playing regularly. I have not found a solution. Sometimes I can go back 2/3/4 turns to resolve the problems. But mostly, even then, the game will crash about the same turn (maybe a turn later). I have not really figured out a pattern, but it is mostly likely to happen when I resurrect an AI. (And in those cases, the only work-around seems to be to not resurrect the AI. But how much fun is that?)

Top Bottom