1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game crashing frequently

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by Beginner, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Beginner

Beginner Chieftain

My game is constantly crashing! I cannot play for half an hour straight without the game crashing! The fact that the game freezes once I load my autosave files doesn't exactly help either... Anybody have a solution to this problem?:(

2. Msquare

Msquare Chieftain

I had a good game machine. After ½ years use I got the occasional game crash (was playing Rome TW). So I bought a better new graphic card, as it was the only thing straining it. Then SimCity4 started getting problems .. and later even non games. I bought new memory, motherboard, disk ... and before buying new CPU/Memory instead bought a whole Off-the-shelf factory assembled (the previous was a custom build) pc - and everything - including Civ4 has worked without crashing

Such is life.

3. jack_flash

jack_flash Chieftain

Turn off autosave. Had some of the same problems. And my PC is a huge overkill and is less than 3 months old.

4. Philips

Philips Chieftain

I have the same problem. Turning off autosave reduces it, but then it is worse when it does happen.